Solved

How to Remove write protection

Tags:
  • Removable Disk
  • Write Protection
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 24, 2010 5:50:10 AM

How to Remove write protection on removable disk?

More about : remove write protection

Best solution

March 24, 2010 8:11:11 AM

check your tab in pendrive if it's locked or not and see....... if not tru formatting from safe mode and change file system for a while

if worked please select as best answer
a b G Storage
March 24, 2010 7:02:49 PM

What kind of disk? Floppy? Thumb drive? eSATA?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 30, 2010 2:00:10 PM

:bounce:  Don't laugh, but I had the same problem and did not realise that there was a sliding "Lock" on the side of the SD card. As I pushed the SD card into the reader it was moving the slide towards the Lock position - not completely, but enough to lock the card so I could not rename or delete files, i.e. I was getting the "write-protected" message every time.

You never know - you might have a similar problem :hello: 
m
l
April 12, 2010 12:52:17 PM

Best answer selected by ichwancan.
m
l
April 12, 2010 12:54:05 PM

I'd solved the problem with V-Gen Micro SD adapter. Thank you all.
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 30, 2010 5:10:39 PM

huntluck said:
check your tab in pendrive if it's locked or not and see....... if not tru formatting from safe mode and change file system for a while

if worked please select as best answer

where can i see the slide in my nkia x3??
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 3, 2010 2:30:15 AM

Oh... I'm not laughing. Just did the same thing for twenty minutes trying to figure out what kind of idiot crap I did. Glad I saw your post!!!
m
l
September 14, 2010 4:59:01 PM

Quote:
:bounce:  Don't laugh, but I had the same problem and did not realise that there was a sliding "Lock" on the side of the SD card. As I pushed the SD card into the reader it was moving the slide towards the Lock position - not completely, but enough to lock the card so I could not rename or delete files, i.e. I was getting the "write-protected" message every time.

You never know - you might have a similar problem :hello: 

WELL YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO FEEL STUPID..CUZ THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS..THANK YOU :o  :sol:  :D 
m
l
October 20, 2010 6:01:34 AM

oh what a crap!!! i realize that i locked my mp3 before i connect it to my pc that's why it cant copy..(haha sorry my english is bad...)anyway thank you so much..
m
l
November 29, 2010 6:56:13 AM

no problem ! :) 
m
l
!