Solved

How to Remove write protection

How to Remove write protection on removable disk?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about remove write protection
  1. Best answer
    check your tab in pendrive if it's locked or not and see....... if not tru formatting from safe mode and change file system for a while

if worked please select as best answer
  2. What kind of disk? Floppy? Thumb drive? eSATA?
  3. :bounce: Don't laugh, but I had the same problem and did not realise that there was a sliding "Lock" on the side of the SD card. As I pushed the SD card into the reader it was moving the slide towards the Lock position - not completely, but enough to lock the card so I could not rename or delete files, i.e. I was getting the "write-protected" message every time.

You never know - you might have a similar problem :hello:
  4. Best answer selected by ichwancan.
  5. I'd solved the problem with V-Gen Micro SD adapter. Thank you all.
  6. huntluck said:
    check your tab in pendrive if it's locked or not and see....... if not tru formatting from safe mode and change file system for a while

if worked please select as best answer

where can i see the slide in my nkia x3??
  7. Oh... I'm not laughing. Just did the same thing for twenty minutes trying to figure out what kind of idiot crap I did. Glad I saw your post!!!
  8. Quote:
    :bounce: Don't laugh, but I had the same problem and did not realise that there was a sliding "Lock" on the side of the SD card. As I pushed the SD card into the reader it was moving the slide towards the Lock position - not completely, but enough to lock the card so I could not rename or delete files, i.e. I was getting the "write-protected" message every time.

You never know - you might have a similar problem :hello:

WELL YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO FEEL STUPID..CUZ THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS..THANK YOU :o :sol: :D
  9. oh what a crap!!! i realize that i locked my mp3 before i connect it to my pc that's why it cant copy..(haha sorry my english is bad...)anyway thank you so much..
  10. no problem ! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Removable Disk Write Protection Storage