Update on Mac switch...

halld84

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256800-31-just-ordered-system-nervous-switcher

My original post listed all the components, I would copy them over but a combination of laziness and excitement over the new system is preventing that.

I got everything in on Friday, the build went great and observable performance is awesome.
I do regret going with the Foxconn mobo though :( -No CPU multiplier options in BIOS, so I can't bump it down.
RAM is at 1:1 right now with a 333 MHz fsb, I hear arguments over the performance of 1:1 all the time.
RAM in CPU-z says 2T for the command rate, and I had heard that this was bad.
Turned the FSB to 400 MHz, just to see, and everything seemed ok. If i could lower my multiplier a tad I would be more comfortable.
Had one BSOD, while I was away for a couple hours, and am really not sure what caused that (was not while over-clocked.)
Windows experience index (lol) is 5.9 of course... Don't know what to use for benchmarking any further.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Prime95 is good for stability and to check for heat issues as well, 3DMark is good for a general GPU benchmark.

I'm stuck with a 5.7 WEI.... stupid Seagate 7200.11 harddrive...Although i have not had any real issues with it.