Quickbooks--Video--server busy?

markg2

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
XP3
Lenovo desktop with Intel core duo w/integrated Intel Video

Recently installed Quickbooks 2011(2 weeks ago) on the home computer above. Frequently during loading the app has the effect of weirding out the colors of desktop icons and the taskbar. The box below each icon containing text goes blue, the blue taskbar gets two red/orange horizontal lines and more.

Then yesterday while QB was loaded it stopped responding and that familiar error popped up about the 'server being busy, change to...' I do not have the precise wording since my wife told me about it over the phone. She closed QB with Task Manager and restarted QB without incident.

Is it possible that these conditions are hardware related or is this strictly a software--software conflict?

What's weird is that we have this identical QB install on her office computer that also runs XP3 and does not display these problems?

Mark

markg2

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
You're correct, an uninstall would be the most obvious. However, given all that is involved with a reinstall (updates, licesnes and addins), I was hoping to do whatever could be done other first.

I haven't checked the event viewer applications to see if there's a hint there which I will do in the A.M.