Sign in with
Your question

HELP..... P5N-D P5ND Q6600 Overclocking

Last response: in Overclocking
February 10, 2010 1:52:22 AM

HELP PLEASE...

I have been all over the net trying to figure this out!!!

I am trying to overclock to 3.0

Over clock setting are...

FSB - 1333
Ram - 800
Unlinked
VCore - 1.3 and 1.35
Dram - 1.850
HT - 1.3
NB - 1.34
SB - 1.5

Windows loads to desktop, and Nvidia or Ntune goes to load my stock CPU setting 2.4 and my higher GPU fan speeds 65% and 100% profile, and the COMPUTER SCREEN FREEZES and I have to go back into bios and set default for computer to restart.

HERE IS THE QUESTION..........Does Ntune and or there fan speeds profile conflict with overclocking from the bios when the desktop loads? If not what is happening?

If you have any ideas why this is happening please let me know....thanks

Other system specs:

Windows 7 64 bit Home premium
850 power supply
8 gigs or 6400 (800) ddr2 ram
Ninja Copper heat sink
2 gtx 260 55nm 216 core sli
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
February 13, 2010 4:59:58 PM

Dump ntune and learn to use the BIOS.

There's a good chance that you are overclocking your RAM and that is limiting your CPU overclock.

This should be your first stop.
HOWTO: Overclock C2Q (Quads) and C2D (Duals) - Guide v1.6.1
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/240001-29-howto-overc...

Next stop should be a guide for your particular motherboard. Google is your friend.

Go through the guides. Then go into the BIOS and change the System Memory Multiplier (or whatever your BIOS calls it) from AUTO to 2.00, 2.00B, or 2.00D - whichever you need to set the Memory Frequency to twice the FSB. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in step with it. If you are at 3.0 GHz (333 MHz X 9), your memory clock should be at 667 MHz.
m
l
February 16, 2010 5:01:37 AM

Thanks for responding, this seems to be a tough question.

I am overclocking threw the bios. I just use Ntune for fan speed settings.

I have read all about overclocking. I already know what to put the settings at in the bios, and my board has a locked multiplier.

However one again the question is....

Does Ntune and or there fan speeds profile conflict with overclocking from the bios?

m
l
Related resources
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
February 17, 2010 2:14:37 PM

Ok. I misunderstood.

And my answer this time is, "It shouldn't, but I don't know."

One thing you can try is set up the OC settings in the BIOS. Then boot to the desktop. Restart and check the BIOS for changes.

Now, boot to the desktop and use ntune to change the fan settings. Then restart and check the BIOS settings again.

You should have provisions for saving the BIOS settings. If you save the BIOS settings and they change, that way you can just reload them.
m
l
February 23, 2010 6:54:38 AM

The 3.0 settings are good in the bios. Windows loads to desktop, and right when the GPU fans kick in at my ntune higher settings, (65% and 100%) my desktop freezes every time. I'm thinking there might be something about the ram timings still holding the overclock back, but I haven't read anybody talking about changing the stock ram times for a 3.0 overclock.

My guess is ntune is messing my overclock up. I did read someone stated they had to pull the cmos out and wait a little bit to clear the settings. I'm not sure...

I have a q6600 GO a p5nd and a all copper ninja cooler with about 8 120mm fans. One of the best socket 775 settups for overclocking out there and I'm stumped.

I'm thinking about getting a i7 D0, a p6t, & 6 gigs of 1600 low density ram. I'm not sure how much more performance I'd be getting from my current setup, but I do know I will have my computer running faster than it is now. I only play games for the most part. I feel my rig will run about anything right now @ the highest settings. I play Crysis cranked...whats the use in updating @ this time for me or anyone close to my current setup going to a i7?
m
l
!