Recentlly installed dvd drive not recognized

Hello, I recently installed a new dvd burner in my desktop and its not being recognized or showing up but the old one still shows up and works
4 answers Last reply
More about recentlly installed drive recognized
  1. You probably just need to go into Disk Manager:

Start -> Right-Click "Computer" -> Manage

Click on "Disk Management" in the left-hand pane - if you're prompted to create a volume then go ahead and do so.

Look for the disk in the LOWER part of the right pane. If it shows as a rectangle with no drive letter ("D:", for example) then right-click it, create a partition, then right click a second time and format it.
  2. Quote:
    Look for the disk in the LOWER part of the right pane. If it shows as a rectangle with no drive letter ("D:", for example) then right-click it, create a partition, then right click a second time and format it.

Are u seriously suggesting he attempts to format a removable media drive [DVD Writer]?
  3. Apparently I am! :ouch:

I obviously need to stop posting past 1AM in the morning... :ange:
  4. OK - back to square one.

Are they IDE drives? If so, check the Master/Slave settings on the drives. If it's the only drive on a cable, it should be set to MASTER. If there are two drives on the same cable, one should be set to MASTER and the other to SLAVE.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Writers DVD Burner Desktops DVD Drives Storage