SW1000XG and Windows 7 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic c

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Get your SW1000XG out of the dust pile or out of the loft becuase the darn thing works under windows 7. :love:

It sounds fantastic and is a hugely enjoyable listen. Its going to make a perfect partner with the Mezzo 6's and Rocksan Kandy amp i have purchased. :D

It works perfectly with Win XP drivers. I suggest all you owners is to install it and start enjoying deep involving music again.

Its not HD but when it sounds this good, who cares!

:sol:

Also Bioschock work perfectly with reverb effects. Just enable the internal AUX jack in the recording tab.

Dom C

bobbyrabbit

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Sorry, go again!! The SW1000XG works in Windows 7 ??? I didn't move over to Vista because of that reason, and I love my SW1000XG. Do all functions work, including midi?

kaiuk

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Under Xp does it works at 100%? and XGworks? how can i see the mixer? I've purchased a sw1000xg used on ebay and i can't use well
thanks

Dominic c

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I never tested the midi, I know that was the main reason i purchased the card, however the gold conecters and dac, overall sound quality means that there still is a good reason to use the card, i did not know that it worked under vista ??

So maybe its not that amazing but it never worked under XP. Which meant that i did not think it could under Vista. The only reason i tried it under 7 was because i was buying a pretty good set up and was looking into soundcards guess i should try the best before spending even more money!

i think its the best 16bit card you can buy. I don't know if 24bit 96khz sound better. There will be cards out there that sound better.

Dom c

Tanglewood1973

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
I've just tested the SW1000XG with Windows 7 32bit (RC) using cakwewalk producer and the midi looks to be fine. I haven't tried it before the RC so I can't say what it would have done with the 'older' version for me.

G

I have to ask, how did you achive this? I didnt manage to install the card neither in 7 directly nor in xp mode. I would really love to use XGWorks again :)

Greetz,
Angus

fraz_55

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hello there, :hello:

Sorry fr gate crashing this thread.... :pt1cable: ........I have an SW1000XG and also have drivers that work on XP in an AMD 2000+ processor which is from 2003. I sort of wish I'd bought an MU100 module as I've spent some time looking for drivers etc.... It would be good if I could get this to work with Vista but I don't have a driver that would with Vista unless the older driver just happens to work. As far as I know Yamaha are not writing drivers for the SW1000XG anymore but someone else may.....who?

Please let me know where I can get a newer driver for Vista or explain how this can work with Vista. Thanks in advance......

Henk Heikens

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello all,

I am also trying to get my SW1000XG to work under windows 7. I dop have all the files to do the trick but whatever I try, I am not able to get some sound out of it. I would be very, I mean very,very gratefull if there is someone who can give me the ultimate tip.

Thanks allready,
Henk H.

davew_22

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
I've got an SW1000XG that's been working under Windows 7 32-bit as well with the last version of drivers that were ever released (XP), using it just for MIDI alongside another card for audio. I control it with XGEdit, and don't seem to have any problems as long as I don't try to reload XGEdit while my sequencer host is playing. It is a fun card with a lot of features! However, I haven't yet seen anyone specifically state that they're successfully using it on the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and if so, what extra steps if any they took. Wish I could offer more info on that one!
Dave W.

simon saggers

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Hi - Sounds great SW1000XG rides again but how/where do I get the XP (last version) of the SW1000XG drivers? I have windows 7. Best Simon

simon saggers

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Hi - Sounds great SW1000XG rides again but how/where do I get the XP (last version) of the SW1000XG drivers? I have windows 7. Best Simon

TheBubble

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
As far as I can work out it's nothing to do with the operating system but rather the chipsets on your motherboard. If you have a board with NForce southbridge it will not work as I have discovered since upgrading. Yamaha are not making any drivers that will be compatable so you just have to go out and get a board with VIA or AMD chipsets, which I have not been able to do as yet and hence my lovely SW is in the cupboard...
Saying this please let me know if anyone has tried an NForce2 board, preferably AM2, with windows 7 and the 1000XG.

Woolly_Sammoth

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Hello, all!

I've just recently started trying to install my SW1000 XG under windows 7 (64bit).
With an Nvidia MCP61 chip set which i'm fairly sure is southbridgey.

If click the driver installers it goes through the motions and says everything is fine but the card never shows up in device manager though (except as an unrecognised audio thingy); however, i've used this card on this machin under XP, then when i updated to windows 7 (32 bit that time though...i think). Then i moved over to ubuntu (didn't work there, obviously) but now i've got windows 7 back on it's not a worky card anymore.

Have you found it not liking this southbridge business on 32bit systems as well?

shadowfire87

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

One of the main problems, that owners of the SW1000xg (like myself) have, is that Yamaha refuses to create 64bit drivers for the SW1000xg. This was an issue when XP jumped to 64bit. They stopped supporting the board way before Vista came to light.

It is just outrageous that Yamaha's professional soundcard's support went the way of the dodo bird. If they would just do one thing, and that is to make a stable 64 bit driver, for the SW1000xg, then a lot of peole would be very happy with them.

Hell, if they would make a new card today, as robust as the SW1000xg IS, with current drivers, I would buy it in a heartbeat! For now we are SOL until we demand that Yamaha create 64 bit drivers for the SW1000xg.

Jokah-D

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Although the WDM drivers work perfectly in windows XP they DO NOT work perfectly in Windows 7. :pfff:

If you do all your midi programming with mouse clicks in the step sequencer you'll be fine but there is an approximate 1/4 second lag on live audio and midi input from a keyboard making it extremely difficult to work with.

I have had to keep XP installed on another drive for this reason alone. Windows 7 is excellent but I'm forced to boot in XP when I want to work on music.

I'm still searching and making requests to Yamaha for updated drivers but to no avail.

I'm also searching for the original (.54 I believe) firmware + flash for the SW1000XG as I updated it and now the input defaults to Line and I prefered it as Mic so if anyone knows of a link I'd much appreciate it, ty.

G

hi, how is your card connected to computer?? i assume it's a newer pcie type?
need to know as my sw and ds2416 are awaiting a new home!!!!
u know anything of these pci to pcie adaptors i've heard about?? thks

G

It does NOT work with NVidia chipsets!!! I received this info from Yamaha, after asking them why, and why, and so on, some years ago.

I will try to install it in W7 64 bit, I did and it works in W7 - 32 bit, but 64, I just assemble at the moment my new i5, so will take some days.

KrotosUK

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Whoohoo, just landed an SW1000XG off ebay for £28!!!
I still have my copy of XG-Wizard from my previous cards years back, cant wait to see the old friend in action again, allways loved the XG. Hope it works in Cubase 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.