whasup1546

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
Hi everyone!

Frequent reader first time poster here.

I've just put together my new rig and I don't even get a screen up. Everything lights up motherboard, graphics card etc

The equipment:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus II Formula
Gfx Card: Zotac 8800 gt Amp
Processor: q6600
Case: Antec 900
HDDs: 2 500gig Samsung Spinpoints
Optical: Samsung DVDR
PSU: Be quiet 650w modular PSU

The 3 drives are hooked up via SATA cables, power is going to everything as far as I can see. 24 pin in the motherboard etc. 1 thing that did stump me was that the mobo had 2 ATX power connectors, EATX12V an 8 pin and the EATXPWR which is the usual 24 pin.

There isn't a speaker for the beeps when it posts which is a pain, but there is an LCD poster attached to the mobo which is meant to tell you of any issues that come up. But it always says 'welcome' when I turn it on!

The monitor remains black with no signal as far as I can see, the 8800gt has been taken out of my old pc, as I was using it to give it a bit of a boost before I built a new one, so I know it works.

Any directions to point me in?

Thanks in advance!!

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
You did connect both the 24 pin ATX and the 8 pin EATX12V cables from your PSU to the board? Both are required these days. How about the video card did you plug the power cable in on that as well?

whasup1546

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
Ah ha! I only have the 1 power cable in! I'll go try that in a sec, the gfx is in and powered up. Damn thing is rather noisy with the case off. I also appear to have double posted once with and once without a title :/