cannot complete a mission

several Mission attempts and all aborts in one night ( I quit counting after
8).

Every mission I accept, once I get to the waypoint, the creatures either
aren't there, or are there and disappear before I can engage. The times I
have been lucky enough to shoot before they disappear, the rest go "poof" as
soon as I drop the first creature. If I run off and come back in a bit,
they reappear, but go "poof" as soon as I get there or shoot.

Is there something I'm doing that causes this? Is there something I can do
to prevent or fix it?

Reply to message from "Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> (Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:
34:34) about "cannot complete a mission":

Are you grouped with a droid or pet when approaching the mission? Try
ungrouped.

C> several Mission attempts and all aborts in one night ( I quit counting
C> after
C> 8).

C> Every mission I accept, once I get to the waypoint, the creatures
C> either aren't there, or are there and disappear before I can engage.
C> The times I have been lucky enough to shoot before they disappear, the
C> rest go "poof" as soon as I drop the first creature. If I run off and
C> come back in a bit, they reappear, but go "poof" as soon as I get there
C> or shoot.

C> Is there something I'm doing that causes this? Is there something I can
C> do to prevent or fix it?

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:22:30 +0200

"Dirk Pfeiffer" <dirk@dbx501.de> wrote in message
> Reply to message from "Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> (Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:
> 34:34) about "cannot complete a mission":
>
> Are you grouped with a droid or pet when approaching the mission? Try
> ungrouped.

Nope, I'm not grouped. The only thing I have with me is my speederbike and
I've alternated parking and storing it. I went back after posting the
original message and tried several more times in other locations with the
same results....."poof". If I run off and come back, they have reappeared
on occasion, but disappear as soon as I kill another one.

I also realized it's not only my mission targets disappearing, but any other
group of creatures I try to engage as well.

I asked in-game if anyone else was having trouble and got one response of
"no", so I think it might on my side. I put in a ticket, but its hard
telling how long that will take to get a response.

Ching

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Happened to me several times. Could be just that the server is badly in
need of a reset.

> several Mission attempts and all aborts in one night ( I quit counting
> after 8).
>
> Every mission I accept, once I get to the waypoint, the creatures either
> aren't there, or are there and disappear before I can engage. The times I
> have been lucky enough to shoot before they disappear, the rest go "poof"
> as soon as I drop the first creature. If I run off and come back in a
> bit, they reappear, but go "poof" as soon as I get there or shoot.
>
> Is there something I'm doing that causes this? Is there something I can
> do to prevent or fix it?
Server boundarys can affect this as well, had a lvl 80 mob that if we
attacked from one side would turn into a lvl 30. and if we attacked from the
other it would stay as a lvl 80

kas

Distinguished
May 8, 2005

"Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Dirk Pfeiffer" <dirk@dbx501.de> wrote in message
> > Reply to message from "Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> (Wed, 29 Jun 2005
02:
> > 34:34) about "cannot complete a mission":
> >
> > Are you grouped with a droid or pet when approaching the mission? Try
> > ungrouped.
> >

> Nope, I'm not grouped. The only thing I have with me is my speederbike
and
> I've alternated parking and storing it. I went back after posting the
> original message and tried several more times in other locations with the
> same results....."poof". If I run off and come back, they have reappeared
> on occasion, but disappear as soon as I kill another one.
>
> I also realized it's not only my mission targets disappearing, but any
other
> group of creatures I try to engage as well.
>
> I asked in-game if anyone else was having trouble and got one response of
> "no", so I think it might on my side. I put in a ticket, but its hard
> telling how long that will take to get a response.
>
> Ching

This bug was around not so long ago and it was a bug but only on certain
planets, Were you fighting on Naboo or Talus by any chance? (think there
might have been one other planet that suffered this too but those where the
main ones). If so try Tatooine or Dantooine or somewhere else for doing your
missions and see if that helps any. Still every so often a mission will go
poof if it does right away 200m and come back it should be back along with
the critters.

Hope this helps some

Ishka
TKM/MDOC
Valcyn.

We (my roommate and I) had problems with this a few weeks ago on Corellia
hunting out of the Player City we live in. The problem seems to have
resolved itself a few weeks ago for me/us though. (I play more than she
does).

There was nothing we could tell that would determine if a mission would
behave or not, and it happened for both of us, so it wasn't one client
acting up. Sometimes going to another mission more than 200 meters away
would fix it, sometimes not. The worst night I remember, it took us about
12 visits to finally kill 3 lairs. I was trying to get the last of the
combat XP that night to train Master BH and after the 3rd lair, I had it so
we gave up on the last one & logged for the night.

Actually....

That reminds me. The times I mostly see it are during Double XP time. I
don't know if that's related or mere coincidence. So, this would have been
during the "We screwed up with Publish 18, so here's Double XP" time because
I was using that to finish MBH a little faster.

Worse comes to worst, it should stabilize itself after Double XP goes away
on the 5th or so.

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy

">