Sniper case with Positive Pressure = Reduced temps for me.

Oatmealz

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Thought I would try something out with the fan setup since I've purchased some Kaze Ultras for my Megashadow and will need to mount the heatsink top/down.

I've decided to make my top 2 (CM R4s) and rear (CM R4) intake fans and having only one exhaust on the side which is the stock Sniper 140mm fan. After reading the case airflow guide I thought if air needs to escape, what better place than the whole side mesh panel. Not to mention there are many other "holes" that the air can escape from throughout the case.

I didn't want the traditional method of having air pulled up from the Radeon 5970 (gets REALLY hot) into my heatsink. Also, with a slightly stronger fan such as the Kaze 2000/3000 I can push the slightly warm air from the heatsink into the graphics card and perhaps cooling it that way. Not sure how it will go.. but I'll give that a try later.

Before the new fan setup I was around 81-84 @ 4ghz: 1.35 Vcore. Now I'm around 74-78. I'm going to try and test out my GPU temps now... will update later.