Computer Wont Boot

dome406

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
Basically my computer won't boot, I built it myself a couple of months ago and it has worked perfectly until today. I left it on after doing some work then came back to it and it was frozen so switched off and on it didnt work so left it off and tried again 10 minutes later and it worked.

After about 15 minutes it froze again and now is refusing to do anything when you turn it on all of the fans spin but nothing is dispayed on the screen. I dont think its a heat problem as its not been working for 3 hours.

I have tested the screen with my laptop and it works fine, I have tried CLRTC, different ram, unplugging everything except screen and keyboard. Also the two red lights on the ATI card both light up for a couple of seconds then flash together fast.

I think it could either be the motherboard or graphics card problem. Also I am having doubts about the quality of my PSU and am not sure if it is to blame all of the fans work so must be getting some power somewhere.

Hope somone can help :)

Thanks Very Much

System Specs:
Processor: Intel Q6600
Motherboard: P5N-E SLI
Graphics: Saphire ATI HD 4850
RAM: 4GB Corsair XMS2
Case: Antec 900
PSU: Arctic power 700W

dome406

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
I have solved the problem :) I must have been tired yesterday as i left the clear RTC jumper on the clearing position.

I think the problem was caused by the graphics card not being seated properly becasue when it is screwed in the back end is lifted out of the socket :S. This froze up the computer and probably corrupted some of the ram which is why it wouldnt boot. So using CLRTC properly and rembering to put the jumper in the correct place also helps :)

Thanks Very Much