Cpu cooler that will fit in antec 900

loki1244

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I have an antec 900 with a msi pro-e motherboard and an i7 920 gpu. Could someone recommend a good cooler that will fit inside this case?

The Antec Nine Hundred case is 8.1 inches (206mm) wide. It can accomodate the 160mm tall cpu heatsinks such as the Ultra 120 Extreme or Dark Knight that jsc mentioned.

Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of useful information about cpu heatsinks that will help you make an informed decision:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

You can use the Google embedded search feature at the web site to find more information about heatsinks for specific cpu sockets.

mriviecc

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I use the Xigmatech Dark Knight in my Antec900 on an i7920 and it fits just fine. It looks like it's not going to ... but it fits without hitting the side panel. Plus, since positioning of the very big 140mm exhaust fan on the top of the case coupled with the direction of the HS/fan when installed it makes for a decent cooling solution. I have my rigged overclocked to 3.82ghz with turbo on and HT enabled and my idle temps are 30C and about 50C under load after running prime.