Dell SP2309W Monitor for gaming ???

It is an excellent monitor for the price, and will work well. The only thing that might cause a problem is the fact that it has a slightly nonstandard resolution, so some games may not support full native resolution.

G

The above mentioned computer Dell SP2309 23-inch QWXGA Monitor is not a good computer as you think. Don't buy computer which has TN-panel. It is the oldest model. The best panel is S-VPA model. I don't trust on Dell whin I asked Dell about the mentioned computer to know about type of panel and contrast. He answered me that it was VPA-panel with 80000:1 contract. The next day I phoned again Dell and they told me TN or TFT-panel with contrast 1000:1 but not 80000:1. The third day they told me something other.
People in London complained about the Web Camera when they bought the computer for the first time but Dell couldn't help them instead of they said sorry we can't help you. buy another webcamer and not send your computer. It is a very very good computer.
Now I understand Dell cheats everybody.

Actually the best panel is IPS, but I digress......

Because of the high resolution for such a "small" monitor, you may find that text is too small for your liking. Sure you could lower the resolution, but you will loose some visual quality, thus text is bigger, but not very sharp. You could increase the DPI in Desktop Properties to increase the size of the text, but that could lead to issues with programs and pop-up windows where the fill text does not appear in the text box or tab.

My suggestion is to go to a computer store and check out a laptop with a high resolution display. If the tiny text is still big enough for you to see and the Dell monitor has everything you need, then sure go for it.

The above mentioned computer Dell SP2309 23-inch QWXGA Monitor is not a good computer as you think. Don't buy computer which has TN-panel. It is the oldest model. The best panel is S-VPA model. I don't trust on Dell whin I asked Dell about the mentioned computer to know about type of panel and contrast. He answered me that it was VPA-panel with 80000:1 contract. The next day I phoned again Dell and they told me TN or TFT-panel with contrast 1000:1 but not 80000:1. The third day they told me something other.
People in London complained about the Web Camera when they bought the computer for the first time but Dell couldn't help them instead of they said sorry we can't help you. buy another webcamer and not send your computer. It is a very very good computer.
Now I understand Dell cheats everybody.

The panel is a TN, with somewhere around 1000:1 or 1200:1 static contrast ratio, and 80,000 to 1 dynamic. Yes, it's worse than S-PVA or S-IPS, but it's also far cheaper than either of those better technologies.