Sign in with
Your question

Asus P6T vs Asus P6T Deluxe vs Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Last response: in Motherboards
February 18, 2009 2:17:10 PM
February 20, 2009 5:57:01 PM

great question, i'd love to know as well. from ASUS website, there seem to only be a few *minor* differences between P6T and P6T Deluxe V2.

Difference between P6T Deluxe and P6T Deluxe V2 seems to be that V2 does not have SAS RAID controller.
February 21, 2009 11:41:37 AM

That's the same question I had yesterday @ Tweakers.net. The moderator found it a stupid question and closed the topic but for 50 euro's more compared to the normal p6t I couldn't find a big important difference. Here's the awnser from someone before closing the topic:
----------------------
The Deluxe has an extra network connector as well as 2 extra USB-connections. The Deluxe also can handle SAS, (correct me if I'm wrong)
The P6T can handle Memory as good as the Deluxe.
-----------------------

So for only those minor differences I will not spend 50 euro's more. Maybe this is not the only thing?

BTW, There is a bad comparison on the Asus site, it didn't help me out.

If you know more, please let me know!

Harmen
Related resources
May 5, 2009 12:17:58 AM

The deluxe has support for 24 GB memory, the p6t has support for 12GB
May 7, 2009 6:26:37 PM

Im considering this board too, we have 4 to choose from, the SE, SL, deluxe and v2, are the lan ports and the 12gb memory handling the only difference ?

Ive heard there were tech issues with the first boards so they released the v2, but with the SE costing £160 and the deluxe and v2 costing £240 1 lan aint worth £80 surely theres more to it.
May 7, 2009 6:35:48 PM

Here are themain differences:

p6t=one ethernet port
p6tdeluxe=additional ethernet port + SAS controller+ better looking heatsinks
p6t deluxe v2-= exactly same as p6t deluxe but without sas controller.

ALL THREE BOARDS CAN SUPPORT UP TO 24GB MEMORY!!!
May 7, 2009 7:02:22 PM

After more digging lol I found that the deluxe v2 has better power capacitors (16 instead of 8) so it should be more stable.

Also the SE had two sets of mounting holes for the cpu cooler so people like me that have a 775 water cooled system can still bolt on our cooler without needing a new block.

Thats fudged it lol, I was leaning toward the v2 but i'll need a new plate for my cpu waterblock or a new block but if I get the SE will my heart always dig me for not getting the V2.

August 18, 2009 9:45:53 AM

chinh_n said:
Here are themain differences:

p6t=one ethernet port
p6tdeluxe=additional ethernet port + SAS controller+ better looking heatsinks
p6t deluxe v2-= exactly same as p6t deluxe but without sas controller.

ALL THREE BOARDS CAN SUPPORT UP TO 24GB MEMORY!!!

How can the P6T support 24 gigs of memory? It only says 12. Am I missing a jedi secret here?
August 21, 2009 3:21:32 PM

Eli 2 Taints said:
How can the P6T support 24 gigs of memory? It only says 12. Am I missing a jedi secret here?

The secret so far is wether or not u will use a 64-bit OS or not xp - Win 7
March 8, 2010 9:36:15 AM

p6t deluxe can handle 24 go on memory because u can choose your own capacity of memory
1) 3x 1
2) 3 x 2
3) 3 x 3
4) 3 x 4

p6t deluxe works by pair of 3 barrett
u can put 6 barrett

so 3x 4 = 12 x 2 = 24 bit go memory

but it runs lower because u don't have any use ot this orgy of memory only if u are bill gates .

the barrett 3x 1 are better u multiplicates themby 2 . And they run likes a crazy horse

3x 2 are worse than 3x 1 better use 3x1x2 on p6t deluxe

6 go for memory are honorable. (good)
but 12 are more if u r a crack
i have for now 6 go still thinking for 12 go
but haven't got any utility in using them! (for now)
March 20, 2010 2:31:54 AM

Bah, I was too quick buying a Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Now I don't have a SAS controller come with it. How retarded is it to remove that feature on a V2 board?!

My question: Are there any other ways to use a 15000rpm drive on the P6T V2? AKAIK 15k drives only come with SAS or SCSI Ultra. So if there's no SAS controller I would have to use SCSI? I suppose I would need an extra SCSI card or something? But then my next question is if there are any SAS cards that could be fitted additionally onto the board?
!