Tags:
  • Foxconn
  • Core
  • Support
  • Motherboards
  • Quad
Last response: in Motherboards
February 18, 2009 2:33:26 PM

is this motherboard same with p4m9007mb-8rs2h? is this support for Core 2 Quad series Q6600?

Thanks for advise..

More about : p4m900 8237a

May 17, 2009 12:05:23 AM

damn07 said:
is this motherboard same with p4m9007mb-8rs2h? is this support for Core 2 Quad series Q6600?

Thanks for advise..

Yes, well the VIA P4M900 Northbridge chipset is the first string of the name...
if your computer is an EISYSTEM/E-SYSTEM/DIXONSXP, model Ei205 it will have the board P4M9007MB-8R2SH.
The 8237A part is from the VT8237A Southbridge.

I'm wanting to update my CPU, coz I have that mobo and it only came with a Celeron D 356 CPU.
the board is compatible with Core 2 Quads, Core 2 Extremes (Maybe the Quad core versions of the C2Extrm :S), Pentium 4's and Celeron D's
though even the guide to that MOBO doesn't say which model, I suggest you contact Foxconn like I'm going to, though it is a discontinued board.

I updated the BIOS for this board fine, from the Comp manufacturers modded version which was signed as 30th December 06 to the latest one which is 18th August 08. and it debranded it and worked fine.
I used the utility for the board in the downloads section for the board and did it through windows, all of it.
and when it rebooted, all changed, I had to press F1 to clear the CMOS, but well as long as you do the BIOS update, and you find the right C2Q, you'll be fine...
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2009 12:10:23 AM

Plus the socket is LGA 775.
so make sure the CPU is the right socket.
I'm not sure about the 'nm' (nanometres).
I haven't looked in to that in the compatiblity.
But the BIOS update I did, made a bit of a performance boost, and was more stable with the OS. (Quad boot, Linux (Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope), Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 (Build 7100), Windows Vista Business with SP1, Windows XP Home.
m
l
August 10, 2012 6:14:08 AM

Alistair230 said:
Yes, well the VIA P4M900 Northbridge chipset is the first string of the name...
if your computer is an EISYSTEM/E-SYSTEM/DIXONSXP, model Ei205 it will have the board P4M9007MB-8R2SH.
The 8237A part is from the VT8237A Southbridge.

I'm wanting to update my CPU, coz I have that mobo and it only came with a Celeron D 356 CPU.
the board is compatible with Core 2 Quads, Core 2 Extremes (Maybe the Quad core versions of the C2Extrm :S), Pentium 4's and Celeron D's
though even the guide to that MOBO doesn't say which model, I suggest you contact Foxconn like I'm going to, though it is a discontinued board.

I updated the BIOS for this board fine, from the Comp manufacturers modded version which was signed as 30th December 06 to the latest one which is 18th August 08. and it debranded it and worked fine.
I used the utility for the board in the downloads section for the board and did it through windows, all of it.
and when it rebooted, all changed, I had to press F1 to clear the CMOS, but well as long as you do the BIOS update, and you find the right C2Q, you'll be fine...

Hi sir could it be that you have the bios for foxconn p4m900-8237a i want to update mine coz my current bios ver. wont detect my NEW Graphics Card. It would help me and save time if you could give me the links thanks
m
l
!