Inspiron 530 graphics card suggestions

I'm looking for a graphics card for around or less than $100 that will fit into the Dell Inspiron 530 tower.

I'm pretty sure I have the 300 watt PSU, so that is a concern as well. I'm just looking for an upgrade over the Intel chipset that comes with it and I need something not too expensive that will fit into the tower without requiring a PSU upgrade. Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about inspiron graphics card suggestions
  1. The HD4670 is a good option, it uses very little power and gives decent graphic performance. Get the HIS ICQ model that exhausts hot air out the back, it's a big help in cooling the Dell. $100 and a $20 rebate for $80
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161252
  2. One important thing is that the card fit the somewhat slim Inspiron 530 tower. I've already bought a card that doesn't fit (a Radeon HD 3450), so I'd like to avoid doing that again.

Thanks for your help.
  3. You need a low-profile card for a 530s.
    Best I've seen:
    9600GT
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162016

Your psu has 22amps so your good for juice.
  4. I actually have the regular 530 tower, not the 530s tower, although I could see why you would be confused by my post.

I'm pretty sure my PSU has 350 watts, so it's really a matter of making sure the card fits right.
  5. If you have a regular tower, you should be good with the 4670 as it's made for lower consumption power wise.
  6. I'm a bit confused as to why the HD3450 you had previously didn't fit, was it an AGP card meant to fit in an AGP socket ?
  7. i would also like to know what you mean by "not fitting". if you did buy an agp card by mistake, try returning it. and as for a good card, either a 4650 or 4670 would be ideal.
  8. The exterior of the card would not fit through the expansion slot in my tower.

I went ahead and bought a GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card. Hopefully this works better.

Thanks for your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Inspiron Graphics Product