Last response: in Overclocking
February 12, 2010 4:01:18 AM

AMD 550 BE

MSI 770-C45

ADATA DDR3 1600 RAM

Saphire 5750 vapor-x

Samsung f3's in RAID 0 - 1TB

TUNIQ Tower Extreme

This is my first build ever! I have gotten everything together and even got RAID 0 setup for the first time! No troubles at all..

I am having trouble with updating my BIOS.. What I have read is to Flash it by using a floppy or a BOOTABLE flash drive..

I do not have floppy, but i do have flash drives - I have tried to find out how to make it bootable, but i have been very unsuccessful.. I am using Windows 7 x64 ULT. The flash drive I have is a SANDISK cruzer 2gb. with the cruddy u3 smart stuff on it.. I have done what I can and when I get to the flash from the flash drive it says unable to find bootmgr or somehting like that...

If you could PLEASE lead me in the right direction! I would like to update my BIOS so that I can see if I can unlock those extra cores!! I have tried the live update.. but it says that my utilities are up to date.. but my BIOS says v1.3

Thank you in advance!!

More about : trouble build

a b K Overclocking
February 12, 2010 5:22:43 AM

This is the guide that I used to make my flash drive bootable in order to flash my BIOS.

http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1136

The tutorial was targeting DFI but the procedure for making your flash drive bootable would be the same and there is a link provided to get the HP tool you'll need.

Once you get your flash drive bootable you should be able to figure out the rest by reading the procedure for flashing the BIOS and comparing it to the instructions for your board that you should be able to find on your manufacturers site.
m
l
February 12, 2010 6:55:37 PM

Perfect! Worked like a charm. What really sucks about all of this is that when I enable ACC and I look in cpu-id it still says X2 550 - is that because they are unable to unlock?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 12, 2010 7:08:31 PM

eddale01 said:
Perfect! Worked like a charm. What really sucks about all of this is that when I enable ACC and I look in cpu-id it still says X2 550 - is that because they are unable to unlock?

I'm glad that helped with the BIOS flashing.

It might be more helpful if you post a screenshot of CPU-Z.

I'm not currently running AMD so am not familiar with that processor but someone else may pop in with advice.
m
l
!