will my pc be grapically better than a ps3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
No. The PS3 is the ultimate gaming machine, surpassed by no other.
And Sony is the best company EVER!

*EDIT*
I apologize, I was temporarily possessed by a fanboy.
The answer was actually yes, but I would suggest doing a little more research to get the best quality components possible, within your budget.

xxcoop42xx

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
^+1 crap all over it, impossible to clean off

although i find it funny that consoles are labeled with "next-gen high def graphics" when pc have had much much more since the nvidia 7 series. i mean were in the GTX (10 series) now, waaay past a 7800GT.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Yes. It's been asked over 9000 times throughout the ages going way back at least 100 years ago.

You are right though, lots of PC games right now are lame console ports.

But not all hope is lost, Capcom's Devil May Cry 4 for PC was developed alongside the console, so it looks great on PC(Previous Capcom games where ported to PC by Ubisoft, and they where doing a **** job).

So there are some developers that care about the higher standards of the PC gaming community.

Yeah, the PS3 basically has a modified 7800 GTX with Rambus RAM for a GPU. The 1+ TFLOP number probably includes the triangle transformations rather than the raw shading power of the GPU. Not to mention the game systems are rather limited by the relatively small amount of RAM they have available.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
Not really as most games are console ports now and are reduced to their level.

Not the good ones. Far Cry 2 was reduced to their level, but not Crysis. Their visual difference is huge.
far-cry-2--20081007102912163.jpg

300-pm-embargo-e3-2008-crysis-warhead-screens-20080711103002408.jpg

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
I have both a PC and PS3....PC came after though :D

And now i do most FPS on PC but platformers and exclusives are amazing on the PS3. LittleBigPlanet, most screwed up little game but its so much fun....and MGS4 is just awesome. Snake ftw
Also keep in mind the PS3 has the floating point killer CELL processor!!!! lol
Just as long as u all support that PS3 > Xbox 360

Not to mention EVERYTHING you're loading into memory comes off a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, rather than a faster transfer off a modern hard disk... Not like that matters as much when you're using old school hardware anyhow.

cyber_jockey

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Ps3 > xbox360 cpu wise xbox360 > ps3 gpu wise and we all know games are graphic cards dependent. Thats rubbish comparing ps3 to the older xbox360 http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=8. Even the xbox360 smacks around the ps3 what do you expect from three generations after the xbox360 gpu ?

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007

Well that depends on what ur using....that mostly affects loading speeds. But for the PS3 at least on MGS4, it installs sections of the game onto the hard drive. Can still be slow on some loads, but it definitely helps. I believe Xbox now lets u do that on their new update.

As to Cyber the fact that games are graphics card dependent are much more important to Computers than consoles. Computer processors are general so that they can do all types of computations, not just floating point.
Processors like the Cell and Tri Core in the Xbox are developed more specifically to run constant floating point calculations for gaming so in that respect processing power definitely helps in consoles. Its not just the gpu in there.
The only game recently that has the Xbox rly beat the PS3 was in Fallout 3. I played it on all 3 systems.
First was PC by far, followed by Xbox and then the PS3. The Xbox had better lighting effects but again all that comes from the coding of the developers...

cyber_jockey

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Games, thats the real war between consoles resident you right. Lets go back to the xbox1 and ps2 era. The ps2 has loads of gigaflops enough to make todays processors blush but it sucks in the gpu department thats were the xbox1 stomp it. Just the fact that the ps2 had better games ppl consider it as the number one console.

Its just that every once in awhile, someone comes here and actually believes that consoles are superior in graphics, and it gets annoying, sorry for all the reactions, but if youre here long enough, youll see it again soon, and another round will have to go

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

They're probably running onboard gpu, like most computer illiterate people. So it actually would be better. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.