Hmm

Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
messages I guess it's pretty obvious.
12 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    > judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    > messages I guess it's pretty obvious.

    Yeah, everyone is too busy playing to be bothered posting on news groups ;)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    MMOGChart estimates there are currently about 255K SWG Subscribers as of
    June of this year. It's not all that far from the highest number of
    subscribers at the game had which is generally accepted to be around 275K.
    Even if you assume that a lot of older veterans have left the game and newer
    people are coming in, you still don't have a situation of a game on the
    ropes like your comment implies.

    While to an extent I agree with Kas, I think it may also tend to be an
    artifact of the newer players not necessarily being as familiar with Usenet
    and Newsgroups. Granted, activity here is much lower than it was in this
    group's heyday, but a lot of the people who had posted here then have
    disappeared... And if few newer people come to replenish them, then the
    number will simply stay down, it's not indicative of game population, only
    newsgroup population.

    I belong to a Jedi-only website for exchanging tactics, planning, strategy
    and discussing the profession, as well as helping support the younger
    padawans (or at least less experienced ones). While activity there has
    dropped off lately, that site tends to have cycles of really busy & almost
    dead. Just before and just after the CU though, activity was going through
    the roof as everyone was scrambling for information to try to determine how
    everything worked for us, how things work for other professions and what to
    do.

    On the official forums, some of the deader profession forums {Dancer, ID)
    are very lively right now with the Entertainer Revamp starting in Publish 20
    (July 19th). Entertainers of all stripes are coming out of the woodwork as
    they hear about what's coming. (New dance/song, props, BF going away).
    Judging by activity over the past few months, the recent activity is just
    ridiculous... I know the Ent population didn't just explode....so it's just
    the lurkers coming out and being more vocal.

    In short, judge the game by the game, not the discussion on the game.

    In answer to your question though, I think the game's going well since the
    CU. (Unless you're a smuggler, CH or a Tailor who specializes in BE
    clothing). As more people have learned how things work satisfaction seems
    to have gone up. Yes there are problems, yes they create new bugs with each
    publish, but all in all, I'd say things are better than they were when CU
    came out. They seem to be committed to getting bugs fixed again, not as
    much as when Tyrant was running the show, but they do seem to be making more
    effort than they have traditionally.

    And when Publish 20 hits, I may start playing my MDancer/MID MUCH more than
    I had been. The Bunduki Dance and the new Props are neat.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    "Kas" <nykara[NOSPAM]@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

    > "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    >> Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    >> judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    >> messages I guess it's pretty obvious.
    >>

    > Yeah, everyone is too busy playing to be bothered posting on news groups
    > ;)

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    There's not much reason to come here when there is so much more information
    on the SOE site.

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    > judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    > messages I guess it's pretty obvious.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    > judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    > messages I guess it's pretty obvious.

    I just came back after a year, and after a short adjustment to CU, am loving
    it. Also, having been away I get to respec my character to try out other
    combinations of professions. The bad things I noted are the changes done to
    Docs with the CU, the insane amount of Jedis, and as a result Bounty
    Hunters.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >
    > In short, judge the game by the game, not the discussion on the game.
    >

    > In answer to your question though, I think the game's going well since the
    > CU. (Unless you're a smuggler, CH or a Tailor who specializes in BE
    > clothing). As more people have learned how things work satisfaction seems
    > to have gone up. Yes there are problems, yes they create new bugs with
    each
    > publish, but all in all, I'd say things are better than they were when CU
    > came out. They seem to be committed to getting bugs fixed again, not as
    > much as when Tyrant was running the show, but they do seem to be making
    more
    > effort than they have traditionally.
    >
    > And when Publish 20 hits, I may start playing my MDancer/MID MUCH more
    than
    > I had been. The Bunduki Dance and the new Props are neat.

    I just know from my own experiences when im busy playing a game I don't
    spend a hell of a lot of time on forums/news groups related to that game
    because it just takes far too long to keep up when all i want to do is go
    log in and get done what i want to get done :)
    I read here because it is quiet and takes no time at all to keep up, but the
    actual SWG forums I give up on because it takes too long and I'd rather just
    go and play :) So all I do there is read the announcements and other
    important information but skip over the general populations posts.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    CU is doing well everyone has gotten use to it and even my server lowca is
    packing up again. Cnet is empty since no more buffing but dantoine mining
    outpost is PACKED

    "Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    > Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    > judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    > messages I guess it's pretty obvious.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:32 +1000, "Kas"
    <nykara[NOSPAM]@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    >"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
    >> Well I was gonna ask how the game was doing since the CU took over but
    >> judging how months ago there were over 1000 headers and now only like 5
    >> messages I guess it's pretty obvious.
    >>

    >Yeah, everyone is too busy playing to be bothered posting on news groups ;)

    Keep on believing that. If you are having fun with the game then more
    power to ya.

    I have no bitterness about this game. I just don't play it anymore. No
    hard feelings excepting to the idiots that decided to favor the PvP
    factions.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Psyberowl, whats the all jedi web site you get the info for could you
    post the link ?
    Thanks
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Thanks
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    www.jedi-tech.com

    They have a general public forum which includes the information on how to
    submit an application. No other forums are visible to non-members.

    Here's the actual Verification Rules from
    http://forums.jedi-tech.com/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=1093&s=0cd52e93d74afa5ecdb0890feefe6f2f

    I had actually been verified for a while before I could login because my
    Netscape's set to block cookies... So if you have the same security
    concerns, you may want to visit the site with IE and cookies on for a bit
    after your submission.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    "Eerfa" <andy.sheppard@total.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Psyberowl, whats the all jedi web site you get the info for could you
    > post the link ?
    > Thanks

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:32 +1000, "Kas"
    > <nykara[NOSPAM]@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >
    > >Yeah, everyone is too busy playing to be bothered posting on news groups
    ;)

    > Keep on believing that. If you are having fun with the game then more
    > power to ya.
    >
    > I have no bitterness about this game. I just don't play it anymore. No
    > hard feelings excepting to the idiots that decided to favor the PvP
    > factions.

    Considering I do still play the game and thus am able to see how many others
    are still playing it as well It's pretty easy for me to tell that the game
    is far from doing as badly as others try to make out it is :)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:36:47 +1000, "Kas"
    <nykara[NOSPAM]@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

    ><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:32 +1000, "Kas"
    >> <nykara[NOSPAM]@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Yeah, everyone is too busy playing to be bothered posting on news groups
    >;)
    >> >

    >> Keep on believing that. If you are having fun with the game then more
    >> power to ya.
    >>
    >> I have no bitterness about this game. I just don't play it anymore. No
    >> hard feelings excepting to the idiots that decided to favor the PvP
    >> factions.
    >>

    >Considering I do still play the game and thus am able to see how many others
    >are still playing it as well It's pretty easy for me to tell that the game
    >is far from doing as badly as others try to make out it is :)

    That's great. I hope the game does well. It's just not my cup of tea
    since the PvP aspect took over. I don't do PvP as I don't have the
    need to "Own" anybody. :)

Games Video Games