Internet explorer was not able to open this internet web site

denise_11

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Everytime I try to download something on you tube I get that message and I'm using Firefox. Please help me resolve this problem. Thank you. Denise

denise_11

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
I just go to a video on youtube and copy and paste the url and then download. It worked fine last week and then all of a sudden it started with this message. Please help.

Don't use copy/paste type downloaders, YouTube is fighting these programs (they don't seem to like it when we download a video).

Use "DownloadHelper" as it fakes YouTube into thinking you're watching the video, not downloading it.
There is also a nice converter that integrates into the program also.

Get DownloadHelper for Firefox
HERE.

The converter program is obtained by clicking the link in DownloadHelper after enabling conversion.

The instructions for all this can be read by going
HERE.

+1^, streaming video sites keep changing their methods and code used to stream to block downloading of content. But the plug-in makers also change their programs to try to keep up. Try a different program. I capture pool videos all the time from sites to watch on my mobile phone in tournaments and when generally bored (helped a ton when I was waiting for my car registration :) ), but need to try several programs at times to get one that works with sites.

denise_11

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011

Thank you for your reply, i will try that and see what happens.