Jnelson84

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I was just wondering if you guys could help me throw together a really great video editing pc. I will be capturing HDMI quality video and editing it. Just wondering what you recomend? THX

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007

you'll need to be a bit more clear than that. tell us which programs you plan on using, and a rough budget. a computer can easily run into the ten's of thousands of dollars if you buy a bunch of highly unnecessary stuff.

Well, for a video editing rig you definitely want to go with a quad core CPU. The Q9550 offers qreat performance for a reasonable price.

You don't even have a ballpark budget estimate? Will video editing be the computers only purpose? Will you also do any gaming on it?

You'll want at least two big, fast hard drives for working with video. Having the source and destination on separate drives really helps. The WD6400AAKS or WD 1TB Black edition drives are both great options. You might also want to look into a RAID 10 option to offer good performance and data redundancy since this will be your source of income. RAID 10 will require four drives.

Jnelson84

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I will be using the adobe series for editing. 10k is a little much I was unaware of this, so I would like to spend less then 2500$ but if I have to spend more for somthing that would really make the diffrence I would. Raid 10 sounds like a good option. This will be for video editing only!!