Best card for OC ?

I am about a buy a system in a day or two .

Main purpose is playing games and 3d animation.

Confused with the GPU , Budget is limited to $140

Have been focussing on 4770 , 4850 , 5750 , 4860

Which one to choose which will be the bang for buck ? Also i have heard that 4860 is giving some great overclocks . Is it true ?

M not planning to Crossfire. Your reviews will be very helpful !!
3 answers Last reply
More about best card
  1. You should check out this article. You'll see that AMD has kicked Nvidia to the curb for the month of February 2010 :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card,2544.html
  2. krissh18 said:
    I am about a buy a system in a day or two .

Main purpose is playing games and 3d animation.

Confused with the GPU , Budget is limited to $140

Have been focussing on 4770 , 4850 , 5750 , 4860

Which one to choose which will be the bang for buck ? Also i have heard that 4860 is giving some great overclocks . Is it true ?

M not planning to Crossfire. Your reviews will be very helpful !!

Krissh18, I hope that you read my message before you made your purchase.Amongst the cards you mentioned the most powerful is 5750.My own pick, if I had the same budget, would be 5770, which has a pricetag of 160$ (prices vary a little for different manufacturers such as Sapphire, MSI, Asus, XFX, as well as for different stores). ATI Radeon 5770 has a significantly better performance than 5750 and it is also capable of achieving a higher overclock.So, if I were you, I 'd cut 20$ from another component and I 'd grab the 5770.

If you want further help, please mail me.

P.S.If you generally have a relatively low budget, I wouldn't recommend overclocking the video card, because: low budget-->low budget case, CPU cooling and fans-->high temperatures-->overclocking raises even more the temperatures-->overheat issues-->ending up with one or more vital components of the PC damaged.
  3. I'd go for the 5770 too. And if unable go for the 5750. They're rapid already at stock speed and you have DX11 so you're future proof aswell.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking