AMD Achieves Gold Certification In Austin!!! (Impressive)

AMD has once again proved their green credentials...AMD care about the Environment. Giant cooperation Evil Intel may want to take notes from Green AMD.

Article:http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/01/15/amd-achieves-gold-certification-in-austin/

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced this week that their Lone Star location in Austin, Texas has been given a gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council under their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

This rating makes AMD’s facility the largest gold-certified commercial building in the state.

The 58-acre location is 100% powered using clean, renewable energy, and has the capacity to collect 1.2 million gallons of rainwater, which is used for irrigation and supplies cooling towers. In addition, 20% of the building materials were recycled and more than 20% came from local sources.


Quote:
This isn’t the first time AMD has been honored for their environmental efforts


Intel is seriously lacking here! AMD praised for their green Efforts!

I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

AMD4LIFE!!!
55 answers Last reply
More about achieves gold certification austin impressive
  1. thunderman said:
    AMD has once again proved their green credentials...AMD care about the Environment. Giant cooperation Evil Intel may want to take notes from Green AMD.

    Article:http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/01/15/amd-achieves-gold-certification-in-austin/

    Quote:
    Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced this week that their Lone Star location in Austin, Texas has been given a gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council under their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

    This rating makes AMD’s facility the largest gold-certified commercial building in the state.

    The 58-acre location is 100% powered using clean, renewable energy, and has the capacity to collect 1.2 million gallons of rainwater, which is used for irrigation and supplies cooling towers. In addition, 20% of the building materials were recycled and more than 20% came from local sources.


    Quote:
    This isn’t the first time AMD has been honored for their environmental efforts


    Intel is seriously lacking here! AMD praised for their green Efforts!

    I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

    AMD4LIFE!!!



    Yeah well dog smells another dogs arse in Cleaveland..

    And the point....

    I thought AMD were going greener as they dont make much processors anymore...
  2. LOL 20% recycled? wow they saved the planet.... too bad their chips suck! AMD is seriously Lacking Here! Maybe Weak Sad AMD should take notes! Its not the first time they SUCK either, Wink, Not so Phenomenal!
  3. Thunderman posts always make me laugh, keep it up!
  4. sharken said:
    LOL 20% recycled? wow they saved the planet.... too bad their chips suck
    Hey, couldn't NVidia be eligible for that as well ... 100% of their 9XXX serie was recycled material :P.

    Sorry I couldn't resist saying it.
  5. It does seem like they put a lot of work into the building. It would be nice if every company did at least this much, but I'm sure most would rather not spend the extra money. In fact, I wonder if AMD would do it again in light of their current economic situation.

    thunderman said:
    I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!


    I don't really understand why you are so excited about them getting the "gold" award unless you were part of the design team for the building. If you were one of the designers or project planners then well done.
  6. That's all well and good, then you find out the AMD cpu's suck up more juice than the intel counterparts.
  7. The_Blood_Raven said:
    Thunderman posts always make me laugh, keep it up!


    +1. The best part is how you can always tell from the title who the OP is.
  8. I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

    AMD4LIFE!!!

    LMFAO get out your pom poms, IM SO EXCITED I BOUGHT AN I7!
  9. rather than building a greener building, stop driving cars. actually that applies to everyone as cars are the absolute suck for efficiency.
  10. I hear AlGORE is moving to TEXAS until INTEL builds a hoge fab there to make IT the largest greenest in the state
  11. hey maybe you guys should stop flaming like stupid intel fangirls and listen to what he is saying. its GREAT amd can be 100% green. you can say ohhh i7 intel this blah blah but the fact of the matter is AMD as a company has earned a respectable reputation in something that effects EVERYONE not just computer geeks like us. get a clue sharken you silly nub.
  12. HES BACK and hes got a new trick
    Magical Thunderman is 10x as slick...(not shtick lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsUgZANvAbU

    Sry im bored lol and this guy is funny as hell

    nana nana nana nana THUNDERMAN

    Thunderman if u want to be green, do us a favor. 1) Get rid of ur computer and then 2) go live in a forest.
    THATS green
  13. werxen said:
    hey maybe you guys should stop flaming like stupid intel fangirls and listen to what he is saying. its GREAT amd can be 100% green. you can say ohhh i7 intel this blah blah but the fact of the matter is AMD as a company has earned a respectable reputation in something that effects EVERYONE not just computer geeks like us. get a clue sharken you silly nub.


    Oh really genius, did he not bash intel first through a quote then get out his pom poms, talk about who needs to get a clue, STFU already pay attention son
  14. thunderman said:
    AMD4LIFE!!!



    I think maybe it's time you get a life.
  15. Actually from a building/engineering standpoint, gold leed certification is a very impressive feat. Most new corporate/municipal buildings aim for Silver certification which in itself takes extra work and planning. Of course they didn't go Platinum certified.

    And for those of you who don't know what LEED certificaiton is...
    http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=222
    It is the present and future of building construction (not homes, buildings). Between current Green trends and Obama, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to get permits w/o it in a few years.
  16. Quote:
    named as one of the 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World in 2008 by Innovest Strategic Advisors.

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    QUICK EVERYONE. BUY AMD STOCK!!! DIRT CHEAP!!
  17. PrangeWay said:
    Actually from a building/engineering standpoint, gold leed certification is a very impressive feat. Most new corporate/municipal buildings aim for Silver certification which in itself takes extra work and planning. Of course they didn't go Platinum certified.

    And for those of you who don't know what LEED certificaiton is...
    http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=222
    It is the present and future of building construction (not homes, buildings). Between current Green trends and Obama, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to get permits w/o it in a few years.



    Yeah but if someone grovelled enough on how bad things were for them, then someone may have been more sympathetic than they could have been...

    Not that im saying the person at the top of the award giving chain got a new computers or anything.
  18. I hate seeing all this green this and that, but we do need it. I dont care for Obama either, as he and his type prey upon the public with their edicts, many of which is solely political, and of no value, just for more votes.
    But we do need to get away from things past until theres better alternatives, and its good seeing the AMDs of the world taking it to heart and pocketbook, as this certainly isnt a cheaper solution.
  19. werxen said:
    hey maybe you guys should stop flaming like stupid intel fangirls and listen to what he is saying. its GREAT amd can be 100% green. you can say ohhh i7 intel this blah blah but the fact of the matter is AMD as a company has earned a respectable reputation in something that effects EVERYONE not just computer geeks like us. get a clue sharken you silly nub.

    Sharken is nearly as much an idiot as thunderman, but that doesn't mean we can't tell thunder he's an idiot; have you even seen some of his other posts?
  20. read original post, Intel should learn etc, are you a dullard too? pay attention yourself homework son
  21. JAYDEEJOHN said:
    I hate seeing all this green this and that, but we do need it. I dont care for Obama either, as he and his type prey upon the public with their edicts, many of which is solely political, and of no value, just for more votes.
    But we do need to get away from things past until theres better alternatives, and its good seeing the AMDs of the world taking it to heart and pocketbook, as this certainly isnt a cheaper solution.



    The trouble is that green means money..

    The price of gas going up so rapid...

    In the UK the green issues in which the government has applied has ended up in costs added (which is a lot ) to our tax bill and ends up being total booolax.. Never trust any government...

    They are all the same, promote them selves first, give them self a big house and pension first and the rest of the country will pay....

    Its been done for hundreds and hundreds of years,,, and theyre playing with your lives people...

    youll go yo hell if you dont pay you taxes people were told in the dark ages, or if you dont we will kill you.. Although we are not threatened by death now but are threatend in our pockets...

    Its all marketting BS just like the Iraq invasion... What we need is to be taught how to save energy, and if its true im not saying what AMD is not good, clearly it could be..


    are you telling me the US, the most advanced country in the world with satellites with so much powerfull imaging techniques.. you think google earth is good, thats old technology to what they really have.. and Sadam had WMD's that would be ready in 40 mins.. Intelligence reported WMD in Iraq imaging from satellites as part of the plan..

    How many WMDs did they find.... absolutely none....

    And the UK Prime minister did the same as well as sniffing around Bushes backside like a love sick puppy..

    All liars...


    We the human race have to make the choice to save our planet, we dont own it, we just live on it...

    Its up to you to turn off lights which we dont need because no one is in the room.
    Its up to you to use a cheap low voltage, low wattage pc to download software over night..
    its down to you to make the change of going green or not.. not the government as they will charge us for it what ever happends.
  22. The_Blood_Raven said:
    Thunderman posts always make me laugh, keep it up!



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcKyrHHQac

    That's what makes me laugh.

    http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/lol.gif
  23. Im still waiting for the tax tax. Itll be a tax thats taxed because theres probly something out there that isnt taxed. Like here in Caleyeforneyeaye, you used to get a tax break for buying solar power. Then , since the brownouts, and their medling with power plants, their restrictions, their not in my backyard ideals, they noticed that their own state couldnt even make enough energy for itself, and when the crunch hit, it became important news. Right after that, those same Obama types went after all those mean people who had solar power on their houses, said, since theyre getting free electricity, and sometimes even getting credits towards actual power usage from the power company, theyd have to be....taxed
  24. JAYDEEJOHN said:
    Im still waiting for the tax tax. Itll be a tax thats taxed because theres probly something out there that isnt taxed.


    That's in the new economic stimulus package coming after tuesday, except that all of us get to share in that misery. It only gets better from here. :pfff:
  25. is this location an office building or a warehouse?
  26. Quote:
    Im still waiting for the tax tax. Itll be a tax thats taxed because theres probly something out there that isnt taxed


    I believe drivers in the UK have this, fuel duty tax which is then taxed with VAT - I'm sure a driver will have a better idea!

    As for the green building, it is impressive, shame more building arent like it!
  27. anyone hear from concrum? gee i miss that guy
  28. Wow. Thundy finally shows up again.

    BTW, didn't Intel already build the world greenest and most effiecient FAB in Chandler (the 45nm one) as well as buy enough carbon offsets to cover for the other FABs?

    ANd has AMD stopped using lead in their CPUs like Intel has? Not yet?

    IDK. Looke like Intel has the money to be greener than ya think thundy.

    Nice try though.

    But for green you may want to have AMD talk to FanGirl. Shes pretty green when you get down to it.
  29. jimmysmitty said:
    Wow. Thundy finally shows up again.

    BTW, didn't Intel already build the world greenest and most effiecient FAB in Chandler (the 45nm one) as well as buy enough carbon offsets to cover for the other FABs?

    ANd has AMD stopped using lead in their CPUs like Intel has? Not yet?

    IDK. Looke like Intel has the money to be greener than ya think thundy.

    Nice try though.

    But for green you may want to have AMD talk to FanGirl. Shes pretty green when you get down to it.



    ooh cant resist this...

    All of America was a bit green when they elected George Bush..

    It has taken them towards the end of his presidency for everyone to wake up though...
  30. in b4 5 pages
  31. Stop going off topic and talking about politics, this is meant to be a thread where we:
    a) lol
    b) Flame
    c) Admit our undying love for AMD(which we all have), and cast aside the evil intel empire that has consumed our souls.


    The Thunderman formula, used in everyone of his threads

    Find article supporting AMD(or at least partly)

    Topic title will always be followed by something like (Impressive) or (shocking) to tell us how we are meant to feel.

    Rant

    Link to article

    Quotes

    More Rant

    AMD4LIFE!!!
  32. LoL.
    New and improved Thunderman with PhenomII installed!!!!

    I'm waiting for the upcoming rant about phenomII OCing better than i7!!!

    That will be the bomb!!!

    Keep it up Thunderman. PEople maybe cruel with their comments about your posts but I'm with you.
  33. you can oc that chip to anything you want, it wont even remotely come close to an i7, Truth is bitter but live with it.... ditch the pom poms its a lost cause
  34. Well, besides nVidia, AMD IS greener heheh
  35. And besides, going with Thunder logic, Texas is bigger than Arizona
  36. sharken said:
    you can oc that chip to anything you want, it wont even remotely come close to an i7, Truth is bitter but live with it.... ditch the pom poms its a lost cause


    pffff id rather save the squirrels.
  37. Re: UK fuel tax tax, it's not strictly like that. Fuel duty is paid by the supplier then we pay VAT on it at the pump, so yes we pay tax on tax - but not directly. I think even us Brits from rip-off-britian would kick off if we saw that on the receipt!
    For 50 years during the 1700s in Britain we had a window tax, where you would be taxed for any more than 6 windows in your house! I think this could be ported to the car tax of today perhaps, get a few extra quid off all those flash b@stards driving round in limos all the time!
  38. thunderman said:
    AMD has once again proved their green credentials...AMD care about the Environment. Giant cooperation Evil Intel may want to take notes from Green AMD.

    Article:http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/01/15/amd-achieves-gold-certification-in-austin/

    Quote:
    Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced this week that their Lone Star location in Austin, Texas has been given a gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council under their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

    This rating makes AMD’s facility the largest gold-certified commercial building in the state.

    The 58-acre location is 100% powered using clean, renewable energy, and has the capacity to collect 1.2 million gallons of rainwater, which is used for irrigation and supplies cooling towers. In addition, 20% of the building materials were recycled and more than 20% came from local sources.


    Quote:
    This isn’t the first time AMD has been honored for their environmental efforts


    Intel is seriously lacking here! AMD praised for their green Efforts!

    I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

    AMD4LIFE!!!



    "Green" is a scam.
  39. What's up with all the thumbs downs here? Seems like some tool does this on every thundy post, or heck any post that mentions AMD.
  40. sharken said:
    you can oc that chip to anything you want, it wont even remotely come close to an i7, Truth is bitter but live with it.... ditch the pom poms its a lost cause


    hey RoadRunner i thought you got banned. why are you back?
  41. uguv said:
    What's up with all the thumbs downs here? Seems like some tool does this on every thundy post, or heck any post that mentions AMD.


    I noticed that too, so I went back up through the posts and voted most of them thumbs up to cancel out whoever this guy is. :pfff:
  42. lol +1

    to everyone but me ofc :cry:
  43. its funny i noticed something in this thread.

    you have thunder which is a total amd fangirl.
    then you have sharken and silverion which are flaming him for being a fanboy but yet they are fanboys of intel and are just as clueless... the irony in this thread is too much.
  44. pr2thej said:
    lol +1

    to everyone but me ofc :cry:


    Hmmm....after reading your statement, I looked through a few posts again (including yours, which I tried to vote thumbs up :ange: ), and I noticed that they've been voted down again......odd...
  45. Avenger_K said:
    Hmmm....after reading your statement, I looked through a few posts again (including yours, which I tried to vote thumbs up :ange: ), and I noticed that they've been voted down again......odd...


    so we can logically assume its you who is behind all this madness :D
  46. Well Thunderman I'm glad to see your back at it once again. (not really)

    Thanks to your obnoxious fanboyism I decided the computer I plan on building as a gift will be a Intel build. I was going to go AMD but just in spite of you it will never happen.

    See what your doing Thunderman your idiotic posts are costing you beloved AMD money.
  47. Well atleast we know there are six die hard AMD fans out there
  48. Quote:
    Can i be counted as seven?



    nah you went to the dark side..
  49. MMclachlan said:
    Re: UK fuel tax tax, it's not strictly like that. Fuel duty is paid by the supplier then we pay VAT on it at the pump, so yes we pay tax on tax - but not directly.


    Don't forget that you pay it with money that's already been taxed (income tax and 'national insurance'), which itself is money that's already been taxed ('employer's national insurance'). So effectively it's tax on tax on tax on tax.

    When I still lived in rip-off Britain I once worked out that once all the taxes were added on, for me to buy ten pence worth of petrol cost my employer about a pound (10p plus VAT plus petrol tax plus income tax plus national insurance plus employer national insurance... and I'm guessing there are a few more in there too).
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Green AMD Certification