AMD Achieves Gold Certification In Austin!!! (Impressive)

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
AMD has once again proved their green credentials...AMD care about the Environment. Giant cooperation Evil Intel may want to take notes from Green AMD.

Article:http://www.environmentalleader.com/2009/01/15/amd-achieves-gold-certification-in-austin/

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced this week that their Lone Star location in Austin, Texas has been given a gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council under their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

This rating makes AMD’s facility the largest gold-certified commercial building in the state.

The 58-acre location is 100% powered using clean, renewable energy, and has the capacity to collect 1.2 million gallons of rainwater, which is used for irrigation and supplies cooling towers. In addition, 20% of the building materials were recycled and more than 20% came from local sources.

This isn’t the first time AMD has been honored for their environmental efforts

Intel is seriously lacking here! AMD praised for their green Efforts!

I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

AMD4LIFE!!!

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah well dog smells another dogs arse in Cleaveland..

And the point....

I thought AMD were going greener as they dont make much processors anymore...

sharken

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
LOL 20% recycled? wow they saved the planet.... too bad their chips suck! AMD is seriously Lacking Here! Maybe Weak Sad AMD should take notes! Its not the first time they SUCK either, Wink, Not so Phenomenal!

Zenthar

Distinguished
Hey, couldn't NVidia be eligible for that as well ... 100% of their 9XXX serie was recycled material :p.

Sorry I couldn't resist saying it.

uguv

Distinguished
It does seem like they put a lot of work into the building. It would be nice if every company did at least this much, but I'm sure most would rather not spend the extra money. In fact, I wonder if AMD would do it again in light of their current economic situation.

I don't really understand why you are so excited about them getting the "gold" award unless you were part of the design team for the building. If you were one of the designers or project planners then well done.

Avenger_K

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

+1. The best part is how you can always tell from the title who the OP is.

sharken

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
I'm so excited about this.....simply an amazing achievement with AMD leading the greener world!!!

AMD4LIFE!!![/quotemsg]

LMFAO get out your pom poms, IM SO EXCITED I BOUGHT AN I7!

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
hey maybe you guys should stop flaming like stupid intel fangirls and listen to what he is saying. its GREAT amd can be 100% green. you can say ohhh i7 intel this blah blah but the fact of the matter is AMD as a company has earned a respectable reputation in something that effects EVERYONE not just computer geeks like us. get a clue sharken you silly nub.

sharken

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007

Oh really genius, did he not bash intel first through a quote then get out his pom poms, talk about who needs to get a clue, STFU already pay attention son

PrangeWay

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Actually from a building/engineering standpoint, gold leed certification is a very impressive feat. Most new corporate/municipal buildings aim for Silver certification which in itself takes extra work and planning. Of course they didn't go Platinum certified.

And for those of you who don't know what LEED certificaiton is...
http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=222
It is the present and future of building construction (not homes, buildings). Between current Green trends and Obama, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to get permits w/o it in a few years.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah but if someone grovelled enough on how bad things were for them, then someone may have been more sympathetic than they could have been...

Not that im saying the person at the top of the award giving chain got a new computers or anything.

I hate seeing all this green this and that, but we do need it. I dont care for Obama either, as he and his type prey upon the public with their edicts, many of which is solely political, and of no value, just for more votes.
But we do need to get away from things past until theres better alternatives, and its good seeing the AMDs of the world taking it to heart and pocketbook, as this certainly isnt a cheaper solution.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

Sharken is nearly as much an idiot as thunderman, but that doesn't mean we can't tell thunder he's an idiot; have you even seen some of his other posts?

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

The trouble is that green means money..

The price of gas going up so rapid...

In the UK the green issues in which the government has applied has ended up in costs added (which is a lot ) to our tax bill and ends up being total booolax.. Never trust any government...

They are all the same, promote them selves first, give them self a big house and pension first and the rest of the country will pay....

Its been done for hundreds and hundreds of years,,, and theyre playing with your lives people...

youll go yo hell if you dont pay you taxes people were told in the dark ages, or if you dont we will kill you.. Although we are not threatened by death now but are threatend in our pockets...

Its all marketting BS just like the Iraq invasion... What we need is to be taught how to save energy, and if its true im not saying what AMD is not good, clearly it could be..

are you telling me the US, the most advanced country in the world with satellites with so much powerfull imaging techniques.. you think google earth is good, thats old technology to what they really have.. and Sadam had WMD's that would be ready in 40 mins.. Intelligence reported WMD in Iraq imaging from satellites as part of the plan..

How many WMDs did they find.... absolutely none....

And the UK Prime minister did the same as well as sniffing around Bushes backside like a love sick puppy..

All liars...

We the human race have to make the choice to save our planet, we dont own it, we just live on it...

Its up to you to turn off lights which we dont need because no one is in the room.
Its up to you to use a cheap low voltage, low wattage pc to download software over night..
its down to you to make the change of going green or not.. not the government as they will charge us for it what ever happends.

Im still waiting for the tax tax. Itll be a tax thats taxed because theres probly something out there that isnt taxed. Like here in Caleyeforneyeaye, you used to get a tax break for buying solar power. Then , since the brownouts, and their medling with power plants, their restrictions, their not in my backyard ideals, they noticed that their own state couldnt even make enough energy for itself, and when the crunch hit, it became important news. Right after that, those same Obama types went after all those mean people who had solar power on their houses, said, since theyre getting free electricity, and sometimes even getting credits towards actual power usage from the power company, theyd have to be....taxed

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007

That's in the new economic stimulus package coming after tuesday, except that all of us get to share in that misery. It only gets better from here. :pfff: