Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 260M on asus g51vx-rx05 (best buy model)

Last response: in Overclocking
February 13, 2010 10:04:32 PM

Hey All,

So I got a question for all you well informed people out there. I managed to pick up one of these little beauties for very very cheap lately, and I have been doing a little research on it. So far I have figured out 2 of the three question I had about it originally (1 being can I upgrade the CPU and 2 being can I upgrade the ram). But I have yet to figure out about the videocard.

From what I gather the videocard in the particular model I bought is downclocked. My question is, can I "fix" that? Apparently the other models aren't so I am assuming its not a heating issue.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 16, 2010 4:19:59 AM

I think you think it's downclocked because you're comparing it with the desktop version of the GTX 260? Laptop video cards are usually weaker versions of their desktop counterparts, to keep the cooling and power requirements down.
February 16, 2010 11:34:53 AM

Well from what I have read it is actually downclocked compared to the other G51s with the same video card. I mean the threads i was reading could very well be incorrect.
February 17, 2010 8:18:53 PM

i would suggest buying direct from new egg they usually preserver the original ASUS model specs
!