Sign in with
Your question

Help Modify a Zalman CPU Cooler

Last response: in Overclocking
February 14, 2010 2:42:15 AM

I got a good deal on a Zalman FATAL1TY FS-C77 CPU Cooler. Now I need to modify it to fit a AM2+/AM3 platform. Looks like a bracket and clip from an older Zalman CPU Cooler (CNPS7500) will do the job just fine. Does anyone know of a good place to get such hardware?

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE
MSI NF750-G55 SLI

This is what it looks like.

February 14, 2010 2:05:26 PM

JohnnyLucky,

That is a good information to know. I've bookmarked it already.

I will assume you have no objection as too whether or not this will work. The link I posted looked good and was given to me from a forum member over at Zalman. I've have an email as well. Not sure if it's a good one or not. I will know next week after the holiday if he responds. Hopefully, I haven't violated any forum protocols. However, this is the info I was looking for. I like direct links to websites that have telephone numbers and email addresses. I new you guy's here at TH could get me the rest of the way.

I noticed they are an industrial partner with other big name companies. Do you know if they communicate or sell to the end-user?

Thanks again

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 14, 2010 3:06:34 PM

We had a similar thread recently. It was possible to use a mounting brack from one cpu with a different heatsink. Several posters confirmed that it worked. Unfortunately I am growing old disgracefully and do not remember the details.
!