Remove write protection

Hello,
hai...my pendrive is write protected since last few days i cant delete any files in the pendrive give me any solution...i wil be pleased if u do so.
1 answer Last reply
More about remove write protection
  1. After reading through some hardwareanalysis forums, here are some things to try.
    First, get any important files off of the drive.
    Second, look carefully for a write protect switch on the drive. These can be very small, so be thorough.
    Then if these don't work, try one or more of the following (tailored for XP, though I would guess that at least some will work in the newer systems that I don't have): go to my computer and right click on the drive and select format. If this doesn't work, try (credit to John Biggs of the hardwareanalysis.com forums):
    "Start->Settings->Control Panel
    Administrative Tools
    Computer Management
    Under Storage in the left panel, click on Disk Management, wait a minute for Windows to do whatever it is doing,......
    Locate the data stick/thumb drive/whatever-you-want-to-call it, in the right top window and click on it.
    Right click
    in the popup, click on "Delete Partition" -- make darn sure you are doing this to the RIGHT drive!!!!!
    Right click again, and choose "Create Partition" (or was it format, I forget maybe it was both)."

It sounds like this problem could just mean that the drive is dead - maybe from removing it while writing or something.
    Again, these are from what a search would have turned up - if you want to read all of these threads and not just the highlights go to
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/46202/
Ask a new question

Read More

Pendrive Write Protection Storage