• Motherboards
  • RAM
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
February 21, 2009 9:19:17 AM

Im buying a few Upgrades. "Mobo Ram Cpu Video Card"
Im most sure the pieces are compatable.

Im not sure just how important the FSB Front side bus of 1000mhz is on this cheap motherboard I baught.
And im not real sure just which 240 pin ram works on which Mobos.

Mobo: = $ 35

ASUS M2N68-AM AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Ram: = $20

Kingston HyperX 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory

Cpu: = $66

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core blackProcessor

Video Card: = $ 109

MSI N9800GT-T2D512-OC V2 GeForce 9800 GT 512MB

==============================

I barely Had the cash to buy the full set. So I skimped as much as I could on the Mobo. that will be a cheap upgrade later, if i have too. I really wanted a 9800 OC.

More about : confirm compatability plz mobo ram cpu

a c 435 V Motherboard
a c 159 à CPUs
February 21, 2009 11:52:18 AM

Your asus board requires bios version 0323 to work with the 7750. You may have to use asus crash free bios recovery program to flash the bios before the cpu will post. The program comes with retail boxed boards on the motherboard cd. Or you can borrow an older am2 cpu to flash the bios. Try it first before flashing. Do a "bare post" on the motherboard box, installing the cpu/heatsink, one stick of memory, video, keyboard, and mouse. Leave all optical and hardrives disconnected. Remove the power supply if needed to reach the board. Touch the power switch pins with a plain flathead screwdriver to power it up. If it posts, see if the cpu is recognized properly. The bios version should also be listed at the top or bottom of the screen.
February 21, 2009 4:57:12 PM

Same recommendations as the other thread.

Change the video card to Powercolor HD4830 for $75AR.

Change the RAM to 2x2GB Corsair for $16AR.

Change the mobo to ASRock 780G for $57.

There's no point in spending extra on a video card that performs the same. You cannot SLI with that mobo, so Nvidia is not necessary.

Having more RAM is always better than slightly faster RAM. I don't know if the RAM you selected will boot without changing the voltage in the BIOS.
Related resources
February 21, 2009 9:31:17 PM

o1die said:
Your asus board requires bios version 0323 to work with the 7750. You may have to use asus crash free bios recovery program to flash the bios before the cpu will post. The program comes with retail boxed boards on the motherboard cd. Or you can borrow an older am2 cpu to flash the bios. Try it first before flashing. Do a "bare post" on the motherboard box, installing the cpu/heatsink, one stick of memory, video, keyboard, and mouse. Leave all optical and hardrives disconnected. Remove the power supply if needed to reach the board. Touch the power switch pins with a plain flathead screwdriver to power it up. If it posts, see if the cpu is recognized properly. The bios version should also be listed at the top or bottom of the screen.

Its not possible to flash the bios without a temp CPU is it ? I dont have any other chips mesides the old single core amd 3000 64 chip.
!