K10stat/AMD Overdrive help

mb312

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hello, I'm looking for help getting my K10stat or AMD Overdrive settings to stick. Yes, I have C&Q disabled. No matter what it resets to default upon restart.

In case you're wondering, I can't OC in BIOS because for some reason my CPU voltage only goes to 1.3, and my 9950 BE needs around 1.4 to be stable at 3.0. If there's a fix to that problem I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

mb312

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Anyone else? How do I get my k10stat/AMD overdrive settings to stick? Is there another program out there that works better for those of us who can't use the BIOS to OC?

loneninja

Distinguished
What do you mean by get K10stat settings to stick? Ever since my first time using k10stat, whatever I set up is always there the next time I open the program, only catch is I need to open the program after I start my computer and click apply to actually use the settings.

I do actually overclock in the BIOS, I use K10stat to change my cool n quiet Pstates and underclock, because 90% of the time my computer is on 2.0Ghz is more than plenty to handle anything I do.

You also seem to have a poor Phenom 9950, my 9850 does 3.0 on 1.3V.

mb312

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I have the 140W model 9950 instead of the 125W, could this be the reason for the higher required voltage?

By stick I mean that I expected to not have to open the program every boot and apply my settings, but after reading your comment, loneninja, it looks like this is normal. Not like it's a lot of work, it just seemed like something was wrong, thanks for clearing that up.