Sign in with
Your question

2 bios beeps p45d3 platinum

Last response: in Motherboards
February 22, 2009 6:26:14 AM

hi i have a msi p45d3 platinum and bij starting the pc i ghet a 2 short bios beeps,is this normal.
Also i see on the motherbord that the LED3 is red,is this normal?

More about : bios beeps p45d3 platinum

a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2009 2:04:54 PM

Do you have the user manual to refer to?
February 23, 2009 7:24:14 AM

cmichael138 said:
Do you have the user manual to refer to?

Yes i have the user manual,but i can not find anything about the led3 and the 2 short bios beeps.
Related resources
February 23, 2009 1:16:32 PM

It should show you an error code on the screen down in the corner where the clock would be in windows. You can google that code.

It looks like you have one of the first Windows EFI motherboards. Apple has had EFI for a while now. What OS are you trying to run. Vista 32 supports EFI I don't believe XP does unless MSI is doing some kind of emulation. Vista 64 only supports EFI with SP1.

Regardless, being that this is an EFI board there isn't really anyway I can say for sure it would use the same beep codes that a BIOS based motherboard would. Common sense would dictate they would try to do that but... when has that ever happened.

I would hit MSI's tech support forums on this one since its a relatively new component there will be lots of people in the same boat as you.
February 23, 2009 1:58:19 PM

average joe said:
It should show you an error code on the screen down in the corner where the clock would be in windows. You can google that code.

It looks like you have one of the first Windows EFI motherboards. Apple has had EFI for a while now. What OS are you trying to run. Vista 32 supports EFI I don't believe XP does unless MSI is doing some kind of emulation. Vista 64 only supports EFI with SP1.

Regardless, being that this is an EFI board there isn't really anyway I can say for sure it would use the same beep codes that a BIOS based motherboard would. Common sense would dictate they would try to do that but... when has that ever happened.

I would hit MSI's tech support forums on this one since its a relatively new component there will be lots of people in the same boat as you.

I dont have problems with the bord but was wondering if the bios beeps mean that it has a problem.
I also dont ghet a error code.
but i am not using the efi,it stil has a bios.
i use windows xp 32 bits.
bios version is 1.6
!