OCZ Agility ssd or Intel X25-M Mainstream in price vs. performance/gb

madman322

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Finally getting ready to take the ssd plunge but I'm not really sure which direction to go. On sale, the OCZ is close to around 130, whereas the intel is closer to 230. Is the performance plus 20gb capacity worth the extra money? I feel like the companies do not provide enough specific information in their specs to help me make an educated decision. I'm going to pretty much be using the drives for games and maybe operating system. So I guess im looking for a drive that can handle random reads more efficiently. If you think one is definitely better than the other, please let me know and state why. Thanks for the help.

nonnac7

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150636&srchInDesc=Agilty&page=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True

Check the Read/Write Sequential Times. Sacrificing one for the other but also getting 20GB more on one, as far as price per GB which one is better(im lazy and dont want to do the math)?

As someone who owns the OCZ Agilty 60, I am very happy with it. Had it for close to 4 months now and have had no problems. Just make sure to do your homework on SSD's as far as what not to do with it ie. indexing(shortens life span of SSD).