AMD X2 black edition always fullloaded..

please i need help..

i have a problem

my current system is
AMD X2 black edition 5400+ with stock heatsink fan
Biostar TA 770(amd 770)
kingston 1gb DDR2 667
maxtor 160Gb sataII
HIs radeon X1600
PSu 500W

my system not overlocked at all.

my bios setting was default iusing bios A78XA612.BST
i cheked the voltage at bios its normally,

my problem is after i instaled WinXP sp 2 in my sistem,is working normaly,but a after few minutes (app 30 minutes )my sistem work so slow.n i looking the task manager,in tab performance,the CPU usage was very high,Almoust 100%..
but in this case,i had not running any program yet..

i was tried instaled Win XP SP 2 twice,but the problem ist same,

please help me..
14 answers Last reply
More about black edition fullloaded
  1. Sounds to me like you have a process running in the background.Probably a virus of some sort.Look in task manager,see what process is using all that cpu power,and then disable the process.Then run a virus scan and see if you have a virus.If not,then run an adware program or something similar to one and delete the bad cookies.Goodluck.

Dahak

M2N32-SLI DELUXE WE
    X2 5600+ STOCK (2.8GHZ)
    2X1GIG DDR2 800 IN DC MODE
    TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
    EVGA GTX 260
    SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
    ACER 22IN WS LCD 1680X1050
    250GIG HD/500GIG HD
    G5 GAMING MOUSE
    LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM
    500WATS CONTINUOUS,1000 PEAK
    WIN XP MCE SP2
  2. thanks for the reply
    but in my current system,i use new hardisk,the partition was empty,i had scan the hardisk .but nothing found,i try to scan the hardisk in different system but nothing found.
    please help me..:(

(note)
    this system is all new..except the HIS X1600iceq,this is the third i build the same system wich the difer is only graphic card only,
  3. There are a few things that happen soon after a Windows install.
    First, if you have the automatic updates turned on, you are going to literally get frigging HOURS worth of this constantly downloading and installing updates.

The other thing is that Windows back up feature that creates restore points.
    It will be running for some time building the initial backup point after a new install. Then everytime you add a program or change something as you load your software, and edit/change settings, and above mentioned auto-updates are constantly updating your system, it is going to run all over again, and again, and again......Either turn all of this stuff off, or just boot it up and let it alone for a few hours, checking every once in a while to see if a window pops up asking for a reboot. See if it settles down and gets back to normal, depending on your internet speed it could be a couple hours, or it could be the next day........
  4. but how can i update the widows if the system always n always full loaded,
    note:
    i was instaled driver in this sistem and it take 5 hours..(ussualy need only 20 minutes.)

please i need solution,this hardisk n RAM yesterday i was returned n i've got one..but the problem it still there..
    please i need more advice..
  5. What Process is using the most resources?
  6. after finishing instalation ,just only default windows process,( i dont running driver instaltion or other program else yet.)system idle proses its always 99%-100% others the value are normally,but here the processes which running in memory curenly used 248 mb( i use 1 gb of ram)

i thougt it is a hardware problem,what do you think?
    how about your analize?

my current system 1#

AMD x2 4600+ brisbane
    biostar TA690G
    patriot DDR2 800 RAM 4-4-4-15,2x2gb
    500gb segate,7200rpm
    OCZ MODXSTREAM 900W,
    LG 2284F 1680x1050,
    MSI GF 9600 GT 1gb,
    Lite-On SATA DVD
  7. krisna159 said:
    after finishing instalation ,just only default windows process,( i dont running driver instaltion or other program else yet.)system idle proses its always 99%-100% others the value are normally,but here the processes which running in memory curenly used 248 mb( i use 1 gb of ram)

how about your analize?

my current system 1#

AMD x2 4600+ brisbane
    biostar TA690G
    500gb segate,7200rpm
    OCZ MODXSTREAM 900W,
    LG 2284F 1680x1050,
    MSI GF 9600 GT 1gb,
    Lite-On SATA DVD
  8. after finishing instalation ,just only default windows process,( i dont running driver instaltion or other program else yet.)system idle proses its always 99%-100% others the value are normally,but here the processes which running in memory curenly used 248 mb( i use 1 gb of ram)

how about your analize?

my current system 1#

AMD x2 4600+ brisbane
    biostar TA690G
    500gb segate,7200rpm
    OCZ MODXSTREAM 900W,
    LG 2284F 1680x1050,
    MSI GF 9600 GT 1gb,
    Lite-On SATA DVD
  9. iam sorry about the reply was doubled,
    ia have conection problem,iam sorry..
  10. Once again, what process is using all the CPU?
  11. firebird said:
    Once again, what process is using all the CPU?

he already told us....system idle process.........................lol
  12. Well I wonder what PSU he is using. I've seen marginal PSU's reek havoc on systems. What PSU are you using?? Make and model would be nice to know too.
    I'm also wondering if the Cool n Quiet is turned on and causing issues, like down stepping the CPU to a lower speed??
    Maybe the memory is not at the correct voltage? I've had memory pass memtest with flying colors, but lock/freeze up the PC later during activity, due to the fact that the voltage wasn't set correctly in the BIOS.
  13. i was using Extereme 500w,n i try another pSU from my friends PC FSP 600w,Unb 550watt n last time i buy ToughPower Qfan 650W Modular,it doesnt make diference..the system still overload.. the memory iwas set default 1.8v,(i dint brave enough to increase the voltage,cos i think it make the system unstable,and i dont have any experience to overclock,iam newbie here)
  14. Adjusting the memory voltage might be what you need to do, depending on the memory requirements. If it's 2.0-2.2v memory, than you'll need to adjust the voltage to allow stable operation of the memory. This is why most of us on the forum try and recommend getting 1.8v (stock) RAM, so less experienced builders don't have to worry about that adjustment. I'm not saying your not an experienced builder, but something to remember.
    If the memory voltage isn't needed, than I'd suspect you have a virus or malware on your system. I'd do a complete format of the C: drive, of coarse after you have backed everything up first. Then do a complete fresh install of your OS. This would eliminate/minimize the virus/malware issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt BIOS AMD Systems