second hard drive just disappeared

This is my most valuable hard drive with all my saved files.. Is there an
easy solution to this... no warning that the hard drive was crashing.. if
this is indeed what has happened.. any help appreciated... thanks Rainy
3 answers Last reply
More about second hard drive disappeared

    Is it shown in the BIOS?

    Is it shown in Device Manager?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    > This is my most valuable hard drive with all my saved files.. Is there an
    > easy solution to this... no warning that the hard drive was crashing.. if
    > this is indeed what has happened.. any help appreciated... thanks Rainy

    On my second boot the hard drive returned.. but it scared me, so I used
    system restore... I have been downloading a lot trials and one of them
    messed up my computer I fear.. also have been deleting files in my games.. I
    downloaded Real Arcade... knowing it was not that good to do that.. but was
    bored, and wanted a diversion.. :) I uninstalled it a couple of weeks later,
    and boy did it leave a mess of files on my computer. not a big deal for most
    people who have ample hard drive space. but I'm getting pretty filled up..
    so I wanted to remove the images, etc and folders in My Games.. did that
    hurt my computer? thanks.. Rainy ps. Where is Sharon, she used to offer me
    some outstanding response.... :)
    > Is it shown in the BIOS?
    >
    > Is it shown in Device Manager?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >> This is my most valuable hard drive with all my saved files.. Is there an
    >> easy solution to this... no warning that the hard drive was crashing.. if
    >> this is indeed what has happened.. any help appreciated... thanks Rainy

    hi cari... thanks for the response... yes it shows both in device manager
    and in bios..but can't access the drive at all.. I have tried to burn some
    cds so I wouldn't lose much.. but lucky for me, I burned some dvds a couple
    of weeks ago.. so the lose of files would not be much.. it's just not being
    able to use my computer which is upsetting me.. I don't have the resources
    to go out and hire a tech and buy a new hard drive.. not sure what I cam
    going to do.. rainy :(
    > Is it shown in the BIOS?
    >
    > Is it shown in Device Manager?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
    >> This is my most valuable hard drive with all my saved files.. Is there an
    >> easy solution to this... no warning that the hard drive was crashing.. if
    >> this is indeed what has happened.. any help appreciated... thanks Rainy

Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP