Sign in with
Your question

I need the BIOS FOR INTEL PENTIUM 4 551 3.4GHZ

Last response: in Windows XP
March 29, 2011 6:44:28 PM

:bounce:  i NEED A BIOS
March 29, 2011 6:46:08 PM

I dont think you do. The BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System. If you had no BIOS your computer would be an overpriced paperweight.

What exactly is the problem? And please no more yelling my head hurts.
March 30, 2011 4:14:09 AM

Asus P5QL-VM DO mother is installed in coolermaster Case.
Mother board installed on top of stand offs screwed into the base plate of case.I did not put washers between standoffs and mother board. Do I need the washers?

I discovered through trials and experiments, that the mother board does not need the ATV24 4 pin connector on left side of board, for the CPU. All my devices, 2 Hd's, Floppy drive and HDD drive, CD drive installed and all the LED lights are functioning with trays coming in and out when I push the eject buttons. Everything seems to be functioning with 4 fans to motherboard included and also, the BGF 9600 GT Nvidia Graphics card fan spins and working.

But....My flat panel Viewsonic monitor does not work and neither does my wireless Logitech, key board, and mouse.
My flat panel monitor does not receive the signal. Screen stays black.
March 30, 2011 4:16:08 AM

I have been around PC's for the past 30 yrs in Engineering work...
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 10:18:55 AM

If you don't get any video output, and none of your peripherals work, how do you know that you don't need that connector?

If you have been around PCs for 30 years it really is time to learn that reading the manual is recommended:

"Do not forget to connect the 4-pin ATX 12V power plug. Otherwise, the system will not boot."

PS. When you say that you did not install any washers between the m/b and the standoffs, are they plastic ore metal? If they are metal and you haven't used any insulating washers then you probably have a short-circuit.
!