Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[CPU Temperature] Intel i5-750

Last response: in Overclocking
February 16, 2010 9:10:05 PM

100% Load under Prime95 for 7 Minutes ( I haven't had the time to do a longer test, but it stabilizes there)

Under Idle

This is my first homebuild. I am not doing any overclocking yet, running on stock cooler. Does my temperature look normal? It runs around 50degree with a 20% load and that worries me :(  . Should I consider getting a new heatsink, or redoing my thermal compound?

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 16, 2010 9:13:44 PM

Oh yes man. Get a new cooler. The stock cooler is made to keep the cpu just cool enough to where it still runs. (=

Look on this site for some good reviews on coolers:
http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Those are normal temps for a stock cooler though.
February 16, 2010 9:19:49 PM

overshocked said:
Oh yes man. Get a new cooler. The stock cooler is made to keep the cpu just cool enough to where it still runs. (=

Look on this site for some good reviews on coolers:
http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Those are normal temps for a stock cooler though.

I see, so I should be considering a new cooler. Would it sap the lifespan of the CPU if I continue running it this way?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 16, 2010 9:25:52 PM

No, it wouldnt decrease the chips lifespan by much because it is made to run with that cooler. Besides it will. Never be under such a high load for a long time.

Im assuming you want to overclock though, if you do then you will definetly want a new cooler.
m
l
February 16, 2010 9:33:43 PM

overshocked said:
No, it wouldnt decrease the chips lifespan by much because it is made to run with that cooler. Besides it will. Never be under such a high load for a long time.

Im assuming you want to overclock though, if you do then you will definetly want a new cooler.

Oh, I see, thanks for the info. I am putting overclocking off till a few months later. I really don't need the CPU running faster than it already is. It is running at 50 when I am gaming, would it be wise to continuing running it without a better heatsink if I am not overclocking it? Great to hear I didn't mess up laying my thermal compound.
m
l
February 16, 2010 9:33:57 PM

Best answer selected by Monotan.
m
l
!