[CPU Temperature] Intel i5-750

Monotan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
100% Load under Prime95 for 7 Minutes ( I haven't had the time to do a longer test, but it stabilizes there)
978h2s.png

Under Idle
15ogz6g.png

This is my first homebuild. I am not doing any overclocking yet, running on stock cooler. Does my temperature look normal? It runs around 50degree with a 20% load and that worries me :( . Should I consider getting a new heatsink, or redoing my thermal compound?

Monotan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

I see, so I should be considering a new cooler. Would it sap the lifespan of the CPU if I continue running it this way?

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
No, it wouldnt decrease the chips lifespan by much because it is made to run with that cooler. Besides it will. Never be under such a high load for a long time.

Im assuming you want to overclock though, if you do then you will definetly want a new cooler.

Monotan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

Oh, I see, thanks for the info. I am putting overclocking off till a few months later. I really don't need the CPU running faster than it already is. It is running at 50 when I am gaming, would it be wise to continuing running it without a better heatsink if I am not overclocking it? Great to hear I didn't mess up laying my thermal compound.