I just recently built a new rig.

XFX nForce 3-way 780i SLI
E8400
8 gigs ddr2 800
2 9800gtx (sli setup)
vista home premim
zalman cooler
rocketfish 700 watt(SLI) PSU

For some reason I cannot get the back panel audio to recognize anything I plug Into It. I have redownload the most current up to date drivers made sure all chipset drivers and video drivers were Installed correctly and current. I have even went as far as to reformat the HDD and reinstalled to make sure It wasnt a software problem. Its enabled Into the bios and Installed on the computer in the device manager. Its showing that Its Installed in the system I just dont have any sound. When I plug In my speakers It doesnt recognize that they are there. In Playback device listing I have 3 options, 1 Realtek HDMI output, 2 Realtek digital output, 3 speakers. all say working except speakers It says not plugged in for that option(which they are). Im at a loss I have been messing with It for days and cant get any sound. some help with this matter or any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant find any option to enable back panel or just specificly enable Analog audio. Please someone help me I dont have much hair left :) Has anyone else using this board had this problem?

G

I have the same problem im starting to get very mad, currenty installin service 1 for vista hopefully that will do something

Lord_Hades

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
hello,
I have the same mainboard....in one of my systems. Let me ask you to make sure you have the bios option for onboard audio enabled in the bios once more and that you have the other audio option set to auto for HD front panel audio. Also there should be a plug on the motherboard for front panel audio. Usually a case will have two different plugs on the same wire or two separate wires that will install on this mainboard audio plug. Make sure you have the plug installed as ac 97 and not hd audio or it may disable the rear sound panel at the I/O Plate.

If your sound can be seen in windows but is not working after you verify the settings, make sure that the sound is enabled inside windows via control panel.

If these pointers dont work try the wire plug that you are connecting the speakers to the pc with. I may be a faulty audio wire.

G

Awsum, I really didnt know what i was doing with all the tiny cables , the two wires i wasnt sure with was the "ac" and the "HD audio" ones, an i put them on the wrong places, so when i was playing around tryin to get the audio to work while the machine was on I placed headphones into the front jack of my antec case an the whole computer switched off and Ive blown the motherboard :( why didnt i just wait AGRGHH lol an then i would of got your answer, silly me.

Thanks for your help by the way, im gona hopfuly get a new one say it arrived dead, only had it a week now :S

Thanks again ill get back soon about the progress :D

Lord_Hades

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Ewwww....im sorry to hear that....i figured for sure it had something to do with those case audio cables being in the wrong place.....at least now you know.....

I use the antec 900 case and it has one audio wire with both the ac/97 plug and the hd audio plug for the front panel audio at the top of the case. I use the ac/97 plug and because it has one pin blocked it will only fit one way. On your new mainboard make sure you plug up the usb cables in the right spot as well, they can fit several ways but will only work one way. Always refer to the mainboard operators manual for detailed instruction and pictures of how to make these connections. Good Luck

t1m1976

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for your help by the way, im gona hopfuly get a new one say it arrived dead, only had it a week now

I'm glad you blew up your motherboard. I'd say that was karma for being the type of person who's going to order something and pretend it was dead when you were actually too impatient to figure this one out. Karma is a bitch, and so are you.