Sign in with
Your question

P6t deluxe

Last response: in Overclocking
February 17, 2010 12:11:42 PM

Finding out how to overclock my asus p6t deluxe with 920 i7 cpu- 6 GIG corsair 1600 ram .. has been one of the most difficult searches i ever had
so many claim to know how to OC but i find they dont after all.. i been over Google and you tube and basically, the story goes, its a fine art.. a trial and error , is the best i can get... so now i even wonder why i bought this system that was supposed to be a good OCer when the whole oc business is a mystery after all

More about : p6t deluxe

a b K Overclocking
February 17, 2010 12:20:48 PM

Well, find the setting in your BIOS that sets overclocking options to "Auto" and change it to "Manual". Then a whole new list of options appear. Find the one that says "BCLK frequency" and give it a few increments (Like 5 or 10 MHz). Then boot into windows and stress it with prime95 or OCCT for about 20 minutes. If it works fine, boot into the BIOS and increment it again. Do this until you're satisfied with the clock speed or the system hangs up or starts failing. In that case, give it smaller decrements (like 2 or 3 MHz) until you find the stable setting.

I wonder why your Google searches give you no help. I googled "overclocking i7" and the first link...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-92...

...is far from unhelpful.

HINT: Go to page 11 of the link.

Related resources
February 17, 2010 2:58:43 PM

gracefully said:
Well, find the setting in your BIOS that sets overclocking options to "Auto" and change it to "Manual". Then a whole new list of options appear. Find the one that says "BCLK frequency" and give it a few increments (Like 5 or 10 MHz). Then boot into windows and stress it with prime95 or OCCT for about 20 minutes. If it works fine, boot into the BIOS and increment it again. Do this until you're satisfied with the clock speed or the system hangs up or starts failing. In that case, give it smaller decrements (like 2 or 3 MHz) until you find the stable setting.

I wonder why your Google searches give you no help. I googled "overclocking i7" and the first link...

yes i seen that too but it explains things in a way that isnt simplistic, for example...

" To avoid any unexpected surprises during overclocking, we disabled EIST and Turbo Boost technologies and locked the CPU multiplier at 20x – the default setting for Core i7-920 with 2.66GHz nominal clock speed. We set 8x multiplier for the memory. Therefore, since Uncore frequency should be at least twice as high as the memory frequency, we used 16x multiplier for it. To get the desired QPI frequency setting, we used the lowest available multiplier of 18x "

My bios in p6t deluxe doesnt have a menu option EIST..
when he says he sets 8 X multipier for the memory, he doesnt explain HOW to do that, or what multiplier is..
i cant be comfortable for a lesson which expects people to know the lesson before it is taught, very frustrating
February 17, 2010 3:55:02 PM

gracefully said:

also from page 11 on your link the writer refers to uncore menus in bios or cpu multipier or memory frequency or QPI frequency menue...
none of these are found in p6t deluxe menu selections.
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2010 8:51:15 AM

Well then, skip the link and just use my first paragraph as a rough guide. I'm using the P7P55D mobo from ASUS and I believe their appearance is almost the same. Find the "AI Overclocker" or similar among the BIOS tabs and change the settings from there.
February 18, 2010 11:33:47 AM

gracefully said:
Well then, skip the link and just use my first paragraph as a rough guide. I'm using the P7P55D mobo from ASUS and I believe their appearance is almost the same. Find the "AI Overclocker" or similar among the BIOS tabs and change the settings from there.

change what settings & how
!