roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
that is nothing short of an incredible deal considering the price...yesterday.
no, they are trying to clean up overloaded inventory. its a bad time for CPU sales. i have had to be really tactful the past few month on requisitions and right now we are froze unless a mission critical machine goes tits up and even then it will be scrutinized.

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
I just picked up the q9650 from mwave. Was deciding between a Q9550 and a Q9650, but then thought what the hell, why not.

I've ordered from them a couple times before. Their processing is fast and I have yet to get something DOA from them either.

blackpanther26

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
it looks to me that the Q9650's Price will fall in between $300-$380. I saw other's that have a less price tag. zimpzoomfly is one of them and it's $349.99 but currently out of stock. I wish the egg will update their damn prices.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
zipzoomfly is usually a little more expensive than newegg and has a smaller inventory, but ive found ZZF's shiping process to be faster and alot cheaper. Newegg's shipping prices are out of control and beyond absurd. Little over a year ago I bought a Thermaltake Toughpower 700W from them which was $15 cheaper than Newegg, and it had free overnight shipping. I bought it friday at lunch here in Virginia, it shipped from California and Fedex knocked on my door at 8:30 in the morning the next day, Saturday. Ive ordered stuff off Newegg with 2 day shipping on Thursday and I didnt get it till Tuesday.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
The only advantage Newegg has now is having a westcoast and east coast plant. Being here in Virginia, their NJ plant is only a few hours away. But even with the standard "3 day" shipping I wont get it till thursday if I order on fri/sat/sun/mon. I could drive there and pick it up myself faster, literally. Its a 7 hour drive.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
well i've ordered from zipsoomfly, mwave, and newegg, as well as several other sites, and newegg has served me best, and brought the prices down FIRST... this jsut caught me as a surprise

and yeah, newegg's shipping has been nothing but sub par since the past few months, hopefully it's only because of the struggling economy, and their attempt at cutting some funds... if that's the case, than im all for it, but as long as they promise to bring that ridiculous shipping back

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
More than likely yes. Ive ran my Q6600 @ 3.2ghz with a AC7, it peaked at around 66c. The Q9400, being 45nm and requiring less voltage should stay under 71c @ 3.6ghz with that but I cant guarantee it.

And I wish I had that gigabyte P45 (except I want the 2 pcie16 slot one), this ASUS P5Q Pro sucks. Horrible NB/mosfet cooling. Ive had to modify it so much, my Enzotech Extreme-X didnt even fit until I took out about 5mm of copper/aluminum from the top mosfet piece I added with a dremel.

Weird. I always order from Newegg and everything takes 2 days to get to me. Order it Monday, I get if Wednesday. Thats why I love Newegg. Then again I am in AZ and not across the country.