Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Bad bios flashing warranty issue?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 18, 2010 12:48:38 AM

shortly i did flashing with sapphire 4670 and its also overclocked.
i was send it for replacement 2 days ago.
i need to know dose they replaced it or repair, and dose thy void warranty and charge me for that?
and if thy not fixed it can i fix it by myself?
and how dose time thy take for replacement or when i will got GPU in my hand.
i feel so guilty now, why i did that!
help pls.......
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2010 1:47:42 AM

What the hell did you say?

I will try to answer your questions (at least the ones i can read)

1. They will send you a new card unless it was you who damaged it. If you damaged it you will get lucky if they send you a new one.

2. I dont know what is wrong with the card, you may be able to fix it by yourself though.

3. The new card will usually ship back to you in a week or so.

Hope that helps. Next time do spell check on your post before you submit it. You will get more responses that way.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
February 18, 2010 11:28:45 AM

BIOS Flashing your GPU is an automatic warranty void, you have to unlock the BIOS to be able to flash it in the first place and they will know what you've done, as overshocked said if you get a replacement either you are an extremely lucky individual or someone at sapphire needs to find themselves another job, if they don't catch it.

Besides hardware volt modding that is the most serious thing you can do to your graphics card, and you should not even attempt it, unless you are 100% positive of what you are doing, if you have even one doubt don't do it.

You educate yourself on how to do it and how to recover from a bad flash, and you learn all there is to know first, that's absolutely imperative.

I've had many successful GPU BIOS Flashes, but I paid my dues in studying how to do it, and every BIOS flash I did, I was fully aware I was voiding my warranty, however it should be possible that Sapphire can be paid a fee to re flash your card, and shipping cost reverts to your responsibility under those circumstances.

But futurewise from that point you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

However it works out for you, have we learned anything?
Share
Related resources
February 19, 2010 3:42:56 AM

4Ryan6 said:
BIOS Flashing your GPU is an automatic warranty void, you have to unlock the BIOS to be able to flash it in the first place and they will know what you've done, as overshocked said if you get a replacement either you are an extremely lucky individual or someone at sapphire needs to find themselves another job, if they don't catch it.

Besides hardware volt modding that is the most serious thing you can do to your graphics card, and you should not even attempt it, unless you are 100% positive of what you are doing, if you have even one doubt don't do it.

You educate yourself on how to do it and how to recover from a bad flash, and you learn all there is to know first, that's absolutely imperative.

I've had many successful GPU BIOS Flashes, but I paid my dues in studying how to do it, and every BIOS flash I did, I was fully aware I was voiding my warranty, however it should be possible that Sapphire can be paid a fee to re flash your card, and shipping cost reverts to your responsibility under those circumstances.

But futurewise from that point you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

However it works out for you, have we learned anything?

thanks bro, that is realy helpful. so i have prepare mayself to fix GPU .(If they void warranty and send me without fixed.)but can it possibale?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
February 19, 2010 11:36:12 AM

Gauravbankar said:
thanks bro, that is realy helpful. so i have prepare mayself to fix GPU .(If they void warranty and send me without fixed.)but can it possibale?


If Sapphire discovers what you've done they should contact you about it, at that point you're officially busted, it would be in your best interest to request information from them about the cost to you to get them to reflash the GPU to its stock BIOS at your expense, judging from your skill level, I suggest you make every effort to get Sapphire to resolve what you've done.

Don't be surprised if this gets you automatically put on Sapphire's customer support black list, if you are discovered you may consider buying a different brand in the future.

However you may miraculously squeak by, there is always that possibility, so don't worry future outcome until its time to do so.
m
0
l
February 20, 2010 12:31:25 AM

4Ryan6 said:
If Sapphire discovers what you've done they should contact you about it, at that point you're officially busted, it would be in your best interest to request information from them about the cost to you to get them to reflash the GPU to its stock BIOS at your expense, judging from your skill level, I suggest you make every effort to get Sapphire to resolve what you've done.

Don't be surprised if this gets you automatically put on Sapphire's customer support black list, if you are discovered you may consider buying a different brand in the future.

However you may miraculously squeak by, there is always that possibility, so don't worry future outcome until its time to do so.


i was try to blind flash with backup bios and also with RBE but that dose not work.
i was use flash drive for that but that not work. i just don't know how to done blind flash< and little aspects and mistakes which was give me away from >, i was only successful with make drive win 98 dos bootabale. so what can i do?
can u tell me how can i flash bios successfully, please! :bounce: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
February 20, 2010 12:59:29 AM

Have you heard anything from Sapphire yet?
m
0
l
February 20, 2010 1:24:01 AM

4Ryan6 said:
Have you heard anything from Sapphire yet?


no, but i was contact to support center and know about procedure, thy said it took 20 to 30 days.
so i will wait for next 20 or 30 days and than i think about that.it depends on which decision thy take.
ya i have to think abt later(abt flashing). so that's mean, i nothing can do without waiting..........!
but you can tell me in advance how can i do that if u want to!
or can u tell me when i will need?
sorry abt English i have to mention that earlier and thanks for quick reply.
m
0
l
February 23, 2010 11:37:30 PM

This made me laugh really hard! I love the "What the hell did you say?" reply by Overshocked - an instant classic - though gauravbankar don't worry about it, we're just teasing!!! You probably speak more languages than most people on this forum. Dude, just like it's already been stated, most likely they will know what's happened, but there is the chance the technician will be pissed/horny that day and he/she won't even open your package and just sign off on it as a replacement.

gauravbankar hope you learned a good lesson here - don't do stuff you a) don't have to do and b) don't know how to do! Simple as that!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 231 K Overclocking
February 23, 2010 11:56:37 PM

Gauravbankar said:
no, but i was contact to support center and know about procedure, thy said it took 20 to 30 days.
so i will wait for next 20 or 30 days and than i think about that.it depends on which decision thy take.
ya i have to think abt later(abt flashing). so that's mean, i nothing can do without waiting..........!
but you can tell me in advance how can i do that if u want to!
or can u tell me when i will need?
sorry abt English i have to mention that earlier and thanks for quick reply.



Quote:
From 4ryan6, it would be in your best interest to request information from them about the cost to you to get them to reflash the GPU to its stock BIOS at your expense, judging from your skill level, I suggest you make every effort to get Sapphire to resolve what you've done.



Well with 20 or 30 days you have plenty of time to educate yourself!

http://www.mvktech.net/

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/415/37/ This is for Nvidia but the procedure is similar, look for an ATI guide at mvktech so you don't get more confused than you already are.


m
0
l
February 24, 2010 1:42:08 PM

4Ryan6 said:
Quote:
From 4ryan6, it would be in your best interest to request information from them about the cost to you to get them to reflash the GPU to its stock BIOS at your expense, judging from your skill level, I suggest you make every effort to get Sapphire to resolve what you've done.



Well with 20 or 30 days you have plenty of time to educate yourself!

http://www.mvktech.net/

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/415/37/ This is for Nvidia but the procedure is similar, look for an ATI guide at mvktech so you don't get more confused than you already are.


thanks, bro thank u very much. :hello:  :D 
m
0
l
February 24, 2010 8:39:40 PM

You can possibly flash your graphics yourself by installing a pci based graphics card (old s3 virge or whatever you can get your hands on) - set pci to first vga device in bios - and install the pcie or agp board along with your pci one.
Warranty only covers bad flashes if they told you to flash it in the first place.
m
0
l
February 25, 2010 12:07:12 AM

omnimodis78 said:
This made me laugh really hard! I love the "What the hell did you say?" reply by Overshocked - an instant classic - though gauravbankar don't worry about it, we're just teasing!!! You probably speak more languages than most people on this forum. Dude, just like it's already been stated, most likely they will know what's happened, but there is the chance the technician will be pissed/horny that day and he/she won't even open your package and just sign off on it as a replacement.

gauravbankar hope you learned a good lesson here - don't do stuff you a) don't have to do and b) don't know how to do! Simple as that!

i think that was realy happaned, becuase i dont get any kind of reply yet from them.and dont laugh on uninstunt stunts that makes diffrance between humans.
m
0
l
March 7, 2010 2:24:37 AM

Best answer selected by gauravbankar.
m
0
l
!