Way out of date BIOS

menvael

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Ok I have a PC Chips K7 M863G v5.1C Motherboard and the BIOS that came with it, the PC Chips site only supports the v1.5 and the v5.1A boards and even then only up to a 2003 version of the BIOS

This wasn't an issue before. However, in November I think my vid card died for xmas I got a new card ASUS AH3450HD AGP 8x.

Before Asked the board has 2 PCI and 1 AGP 8x no PCI-Express or I would of got a better card that was likely fully working now.

Anyways, My issue is this the card and board both claim to be AGP 8x, but the card and board both have the 2/3 indent for the 4x max speed on a 1.5v setting if I remember the many hours spent trying to solve the problems I was having. my BIOS has no AGP support settings to limit it to 4x instead of the 8x. While it works fine to load and run windows and watch movie/play music when i run games the system reboots.

From many many hours of research I found that all I need is to update the BIOS, however like I said the to date BIOS is out of date and doesn;t offer the support I need. Does anyone know how I can get a BIOs that will run on this board with AGP clocking support thanks for any help

menvael

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009

Ok found a possible solution my current vid card drivers and CCC don't include Smartgart, does anyone know where I download it seperate from the ati site in a different CCC package?