Sign in with
Your question

Hp pavilllion xf328 screen wont light up or boot

Last response: in Windows XP
March 30, 2011 3:30:47 PM

Hello,
I have a an HP Pav xf328 That comes on and fan kicks on, but screen has nothing on it. I hooked upan exernal monitor & it tries to boot to the safe mode, but after attempting it shuts down again. I think i need a restore disk for it, but I dont know where to find a downlaodedable one for it. Any suggestions?
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
March 30, 2011 8:28:52 PM

You can't download a restore disk, no vendor I know of provides it that way. If you contact HP they can send you one for probably $30 or so.

But your issue does not sound like a Windows issue. It's an old system, you can easily have motherboard/RAM/Hard Drive issues. For the price it would take to get new components to test and pay someone to replace them you're better off spending $400 on a new laptop, or $200 on a more recent used one.

You may be able to find someone with an OEM Windows disk you can install using the key on the laptop, might as well try a Windows re-setup again. Make sure you backup your files though before you do that. Desktop, My Documents, Favorites are the main ones, make sure you have your passwords also, any saved one will be gone after a new Windows setup.
m
l
Related resources
!