Graphics Card

G

Hi, recently bought a new graphics card...geforce 9500 gt super 512mb, it come with a little cable which im assumming is a power cable, however i can plug it onto the card but i do not have a clue as to where it goes on the motherboard, its a relatively new system so the board can take it...but when i just insert the card i get red lines across the boot screen, any ideas people...

G

hi thanks for the quick reply....sorry if i sound thick but not sure on how to do this as the cable provided with card is only a 2 pin connector, any ideas

G

http://www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=732, thats the best i can give u...the place i actually bought it from doesnt actually have it on there website now...

G

there is actually no fan on there they are just like cooling pipes...im running windows xp pro, do u think that would be the problem its just i have tried it on vista and it does the same, red lines on the boot screen ....

G

yeah, it clicks into place, then the clamp to hold the card in shuts down on it as well, i might just have to take it to someone professional get them to stick it in....

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
well all the graphics cards i have tested simply plug in then the power cables normally go from the PSU to the card.

i think that small cable is if you decided to fit a fan heatsink rather than the silent one.

it may be that the case is in the way of the bottom of the metal end of the card i know my 8800 ultra is hard to slot in cause it sometimes clicks but is at a slight angle cause the case is in the way and this stops the PC from booting

check that the card is perfectly level in the slot and pushed all the way in accross the whole of the bottom of the card

G

hi, i have just plugged the card back in the way u said and it seems fine upto now, no more red lines and the speed is good, will let u know how it goes...thanks...

G

lol, it worked fine last night and early this morning but throughout the day i got the red lines appearing, u reckon it could be a faulty card...

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/75671-33-9500-problem-horizontal-lines#

Seems there is a chance it could be your monitor.
Do you have another monitor you could use?

Theres also another fix in the last post.

Google = friend :D

G

i know its not the monitor because when i plug the lead back onto the onboard graphics it goes fine again its only when i start using the graphics card itself...

G

its not a ati card.. any other ideas as im getting slightly annoyed with the card now and its lucky its not been snapped or thrown against a wall...lol