Windows wont load

brian_40

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
just boughta new seagate barracuda sata 80 gb drive. when i try to load windows i keep getting "the blue screen of death" it comes just after it has loaded the files. the error code is: Stop 0x0000007e Any help resolving this problem would be appreciated. thanks brian

sturm

Splendid
Did you have windows running on another hard drive in the system? If so then I would say the memory shouldn't be the problem, but it won't hurt to check.
Do you have to load drivers for the SATA controller? Does it blue screen when loading the cd or is it after the computer reboots and it is running off the hard drive? Not clear from your post.

brian_40

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

no i didnt have windows running on another harh drive, i had linux (ubuntu) running on it i still have , no problems. i have tried drivers that i have downloaded but they dont seem to work, cannot seem to find the right ones. my motherboard is an ECS pf5 extreme with a 3gb p4 pro. 2gb memory 256 mb nvidia graphics 80 gb sata hdd (seagate) the chipset is based on the intel 945p (lakeport) northbridge and ich7r. i think it might be something to do with the ich7r, i cannot seem to find them anywhere. i hope there is enough info here for you to help me

brian_40

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
your right, it was the cd. it turned out to be a forgery, i bought it at a computer fare i was told it was ok. i borrowed a proper cd from a friend and it run perfectly i have now got a proper bought cd thanks for your assistance

brian_40

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

problem now solved it was a dodgy cd