ATI HDMI Audio and Audio File Issues

mikeuvu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
PC is connect from my ATI HD 3650 to my Phillips HDTV via HDMI. Windows sounds great, movies sound great and internet sounds great. When I play audio files (iTunes or Windows Media Player) the vocals are very quiet but the music is just fine (almost like vocals are under water). I have checked the equalizers in both as well as checked the sound settings in the control panel. I have also switched HDMI cables, and HDMI iputs on the TV. Everything looks great. This is really frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

drevl182

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
I had a similar problem with a 3850. Make sure WMP and iTunes are set to Stereo. Disable any advanced audio functions like Concert, Rock, and what not. Make sure both Windows and your Audio program/driver are set to stereo, then make sure the TV itself is set to stereo. I had my Realtek set to 5.1 and I was loosing most of my vocals because they usually come from the center channel of which my TV has none. Once everything was set to stereo all was fine. Don't know if this will fix your problem but it's a good place to start.