Comment on this overclock (i7) please.

alcy

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
CPU Freq: 3.5 GHz (175 X 20)

BCLK: 175 MHz

Vcore:1.224 (fluctuates between 1.224 & 1.232)

DRAM Freq: 1050 MHz

Uncore Freq: 2100 MHz

PLL & QPI Voltage- Auto

C-state Tech/Turbo Boost/Spread Spectrum: Disabled

I ran Mprime(Prime95 port on linux) for an hour stable, with the Blend Test with 8 torture test threads, CPU temp was 63-64 degrees.

I have observed the mentioned voltage fluctuation inside the BIOS itself...doing nothing, just looking at the BIOS values. Is this amount of fluctuation ok ? Please comment on the other settings as well.

Thanks.

Solution

Yeah thats normal and a good vcore for that speed. The C states will help change the voltages as well as some of the other pwer saving features built into the bios... you can turn them off if you want or leave them on depending on what you are doing.....

Make sure you watch your temps on your overclock too!!

alcy

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hello, thanks for replying.

I lowered the Vcore a little more. Now, it fluctuates between 1.200 & 1.208. I ran the test this time for 4 hours 30 minutes with no errors or warnings.

Since I am new, i don't know if the fluctuation is normal, or should it not happen at all ? Please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks. I thought I needed some more experience before posting on that thread. :)

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

Yeah thats normal and a good vcore for that speed. The C states will help change the voltages as well as some of the other pwer saving features built into the bios... you can turn them off if you want or leave them on depending on what you are doing.....

Make sure you watch your temps on your overclock too!!

Solution