I was actually holding the CPU in my hand at the time the even occurred =(. I already knew the CPU was fried when it happened, but I just needed some false hope lol. My house has a lot of static because of our thick carpet as well (yes, I open up my computer on my carpet!)0. I usually take the necessary precautions and ground myself frequently, but I should not have touched the switch because the switches in my house emit static electricity quite often. Well, now I'm out $90 for a replacement CPU.