Q9550 oc not working plz help asap ILL PAY MONEY!

snake786123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
hi
this was my 1st oc on mp p45 mobo with a zalman cnps10x extreme fan
i oc my q9550 from 2.8 to 3.6ghz - put the voltage up to 1.32 and put the pcie upto 105 from 100 (put it back at 100 now) other than that everything was kept the same - (424 x 8.5)

it shows it at 3.6 in the bios but in windows vista x64 it shows still 2.8 and even in cpu-z and in pc wizard 2010 shows 2.8ghz? - i know it has ot oc ads there is no difference in any games or application....

i can give my mobile no. to anyone who is willing to explain over the phone how to overclock it and get it running at 3.6 and then i can send 10 pounds via paypal to them for their help - i just want to get this done - i spend £60 paying for the fan and it is no use!!!

people say it is bcoz of intel speed stepping but i have disabled this and similar features to rule that out of the problem - see pics

i dont know where i have gone wrong
plz help me

***THE PIC THAT SHOWS A RED BOX THAT SAYS THIS SYSTEM HAS EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS DO TO OC....... HAPPENED BEFORE I OC THE CPU ALL I DID WAS PUSH THE GRAPHICS CARD UP TO TURBO IT IS THE FIRST FEATURE AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN OF THE BIOS - I DONT KNOW WHY IT SAYS THIS AS THERE HAS BEEN NO PROB WITH THE PC EXECPT FOR A FEW LOCK UPS IN CRYSIS??***********

please see this for pics http://img96.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=100220102689.jpg

thank you

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
do you have the newest bios version? if not try to update it to the newest version.

also try to up your NB voltage a little if your aiming for 3.6.

let your pci-e frequency be on 100

also switch the "Turbo" off

First of all, you probably do not need to update your BIOS. Relieved, yes. :)

Your problem is that you are inadvertently trying to overclock your RAM. Change your System Memory Multiplier from 4.00D to 2.00B. You will see your RAM clock drop down to twice the FSB (848 MHz.).

That should fix your problem.

And leave your PCIe bus freq at 100 MHz.

hardwaretechy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
Also make sure that SpeedStep and/or C1E are turned off -- this could cause the BIOS to show 3.6 (correct) and the OS to show 2.8 (still correct, but because the BIOS is automatically turning down the multiplier to save power). Once you turn those off the OS should report the same as the BIOS.