Sign in with
Your question

HOW MUCH ROOM WOULD I NEED ON MY HARD DRIVE IF I WANTED TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE I

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Download
  • Internet
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
March 29, 2010 10:18:06 PM

HOW MUCH ROOM WOULD I NEED ON MY HARDDRIVE IF I WANTED TO DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE INTERNET?

More about : room hard drive wanted download entire

a b G Storage
March 29, 2010 10:28:27 PM

Tom, you would need more Harddrives then I can count.
m
l
a b G Storage
March 29, 2010 10:33:07 PM

and let there be trolls
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
March 29, 2010 10:46:29 PM

thanx for the link that's priceless

"How large is the Internet? According to Russel Seitz: two ounces. "
m
l
March 30, 2010 12:23:04 AM

None if you use dial up connection.
m
l
March 30, 2010 1:18:21 AM

Yes its beyond random asking this type question. Its food for thought , how much storage Google must have at it locations. Do a search, they cache, what seems a amazing amount of web sites. The next random question, do they backup ? lol
m
l
a c 127 G Storage
March 30, 2010 1:19:35 AM

My internet.zip file is about 7 million exabytes.
m
l
a b G Storage
March 30, 2010 1:24:49 AM

notty22 said:
Yes its beyond random asking this type question. Its food for thought , how much storage Google must have at it locations. Do a search, they cache, what seems a amazing amount of web sites. The next random question, do they backup ? lol

there used to be a pretty good article about googles servers but I can't find it now they were using custom designed boards from gigabyte with an individual battery backup for each MB, the pennies a year they saved having the batteries closer instead of attached with long wires saved them a few mill a year. everything was packed into self contained cargo containers so all they had to do to move them or expand a data center was to drop off a container and plug it in
m
l
!