Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • HD
  • Seagate
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
March 29, 2010 11:13:27 PM

I bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... hard drives(i bought 2) only 4-5 days ago form Newegg. When I boot my pc it only shows one (C:\) instead of (C:\\) and (D:\\). I went to Seagate site and took the SeaTools test and i passed it. So I thought my SATA port in my mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... was broken but it wasn't after couple of tests and changing couple of cables and so forth. Do you think its the HD thats defective? I also download ALL the drivers and restarted CMOS a couple of time.

My specs:
cpu: AMD phenom ii 965 BE no over clock.@3.4ghz
ram: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) ddr3 1600
hd: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1.5tb 3.0 sata drive x2
mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX
psu: lazer 850watt modular

More about : seagate problems

March 30, 2010 2:29:10 AM

I tried to enable hd in my bios setting but it didn't work:( 
m
l

Best solution

a c 415 G Storage
March 30, 2010 3:01:27 AM

Make sure both drives are connected, boot Windows, and go into Disk Manager:

Start -> Right-Click "Computer" -> Manage -> click "Disk Management" in the left pane.

Look at the LOWER part of the right pane - do both drives show up there?

If your 2nd drive shows up in disk manager but does not show a drive letter (ie, "D:"), then you need to right-click on the drive to create a volume (partition) and format it.
Related resources
March 30, 2010 5:42:44 AM

of course they were plugged. I tried the method you described but it didn't work. Possibly it might be a DOA. But thanks for trying...
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
March 30, 2010 6:52:15 AM

When you say "it didn't work" do you mean the drives didn't appear in the Disk Manager window or that they appeared but you weren't able to do anything with them?
m
l
a b G Storage
April 14, 2010 3:38:01 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
l
!