How do I OC my T9400 mobile proc

PC_GI

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I have an Asus G71G-X1... I have seen CPU-Z screen shots of the T9400 proc overclocked past 3.00Ghz... I can't get mine past 2.8Ghz. They are stock clocked at 2.53Ghz. BTW I know this isn't a wise decision, but I have very good cooling solutions. What are my options here?

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
First of all, you are going to have to download SETFSB. You are going to have to find your Motherboard specification, and search it online for the special code combo, so you can play with FSB settings. Use orthos, or prime95 for stability check. Use CrystalCPUID to overvolt, or undervolt as you wish.

^

As per above, you may also want to overclock in increments if you can't go past 2.8GHZ. Also note some processors are actually superior to others even with the same exact CPU. It IS possible you may not be able to overclock above 2.8GHZ.

Make sure you are aware that if anything happens to your lappy after the OC it will automatically void the warranty =) , all asus lappy's have a program imbeded in the board itself that generates a script showing all changes that have been made since the first boot. Wiping the HD does not erase this info.... Just FYI =)