Sign in with
Your question

Looking for help with X2 550 unlock with 64bit OS

Last response: in Overclocking
February 18, 2010 9:58:22 PM

Hi! I just got GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P w/x2 550. I am trying to unlock all cores but it's not booting into the drive. My OS is W7 Ult 64 bit. When I try 32 bit, it's very easy to unlock and OC. But somehow the 64 bit not letting me unlock or even OC the two cores. Please help!
Todd

More about : 550 unlock 64bit

a b K Overclocking
February 19, 2010 12:33:14 AM

i have the exact same mobo and processor. i successfully unlocked and overclocked on 64-bit windows seven.

i know that doesn't help you, but i assure you it IS possible with 64-bit.

what happens exactly when you try to boot into 7? BSoD? black sreen? reboot?

m
l
February 19, 2010 12:42:50 AM

Welshmousepk, will you be able to tell me exactly what is your setup in the MIT since we both have the same board? After 'hybrid' and 'all core', I reboot. By hitting Tab, I can see x4 50e but it goes into a black screen and you can see 'starting windows' then it reboots again and again. Thanks Welshmousepk!
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
February 19, 2010 12:56:17 AM

well i have EC firmware to Hybrid, but i do not have it on all core. i have it set to auto.

in all the guides i have read, it has always been hybrid/auto. i don;t know what difference it would make, but it may well be the problem.

set to auto and see if you can boot.
m
l
February 19, 2010 12:59:15 AM

welshmousepk said:
well i have EC firmware to Hybrid, but i do not have it on all core. i have it set to auto.

in all the guides i have read, it has always been hybrid/auto. i don;t know what difference it would make, but it may well be the problem.

set to auto and see if you can boot.

I tried that too and no luck. You are the very first I see with W7 64bit have success with unlocking.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 19, 2010 1:02:34 AM

really?

thats odd, i had initially unlocked on a 32-bit OS, but upgraded to 64bit and its still working fine.

how odd.

i honestly cannot think of a cause. have you tried giving the vCore a bump? and the NB may need a voltage boost too.
m
l
March 3, 2010 3:35:26 PM

same problem here
m
l
!