mig3535

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
i just a bought a radeon 2600 graphics card and online it said it only need 175 PSU so i thought my powersupply of 295 watts would be good,and at first it worked well and when i used the computer for log time and restarted it it told me that on a black screen that i needed to have my power connected so i do not know what this means but i think i need a bigger powersupply and i got one that is 400 watts buts its too big for my computer so can i put the powersupply outside the computer,plug in everything and use it???or is this problem even the power supply.I just get this black screen right after i turn on my computer and in red flashing writing it tells me that my card needs to be connected. but then othe times it works....????,i donts know when it will work and when it will not.Some one please help me

chiller

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
You could use a power supply outside the box, I have in the past but only when testing components ... but long term is it a good idea? Have you actually plugged in this big power supply to see if it cures your problem? I take it you have reseated the graphics card, mem etc?

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
probably not, depends what you mean by outside

"Minimum System Requirements

Intel® Pentium® 4, Celeron™, AMD™Duron™/Athlon™/Athlon™ XP, Sempron or compatible with AGP 8x slot

Installation software requires CD-ROM drive

512MB of system memory (1GB+ recommended for Windows Vista)

DVD playback requires DVD drive on PCs with an Intel® Pentium® III processor (or equivalent) and 256MB of system memory

350W or greater power supply recommended "

Off your link just below the front / back pics of card. Cant see anywhere on the page where it says 175 :/

mig3535

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
click on specs and it tell you 120 Steam process,i think that mean 120 PSU... man i do not know. What i was gonna do was that take the powersupply and out in outside my computer on the table while the cables are plugged in since it can not fit in my sony computer,is that a good idea??? and i am not even sure if this is the probel but i think it is.Is there also anyway i can find out how much power my motherboard and etc are using,like a software i can download.